Within 6 tiles

jeb1000

Warlord
When they say this, is it within 6 city center to center or to the edge of cities?

From the District containing the building to the Centre where you want the bonus. This is why District placement is (/was) very important. You generally wanted it to be in range of as many other actual/potential Centres as possible.

OK - city center to city center. Or, within 6 of other city center. Got it - tks.

It's 6 tiles from the tile on which district in question is located to the tile on which the city center of a nearby city is located. City center to city center is irrelevant.

" Within 6 tiles " ... that's actually a perfect title for a war-science movie :thumbsup:

Maybe it is a stupid question, but just to complete the topic: does the tile in which the entertainement complex / industrial center is counts towards these six?

I asume no (if it is the same as saying a city has a 3-tile radius: it does not count the city center tile as a "ring")... but I really didn't confirm.

It would be:

District-x-x-x-x-x-City Center

the devs should update the game next patch to make this more obvious. i feel like the lack of a city screen and info is really troublesome. i want to know how many hammers im producing total, how many people live in my civ, etc

Maybe it is a stupid question, but just to complete the topic: does the tile in which the entertainement complex / industrial center is counts towards these six?

I asume no (if it is the same as saying a city has a 3-tile radius: it does not count the city center tile as a "ring")... but I really didn't confirm.

The district contains the building (Factory etc) shall be count as tile 0. The city center must be tile 6 or below.

So, if you have multiple districts, wouldn't it be better to group them in the same area if possible, so that they will all be within 6 Tiles of the adjacent city?

So, if you have multiple districts, wouldn't it be better to group them in the same area if possible, so that they will all be within 6 Tiles of the adjacent city?
Only matters for Industrial and Entertainment Districts.

the devs should update the game next patch to make this more obvious. i feel like the lack of a city screen and info is really troublesome. i want to know how many hammers im producing total, how many people live in my civ, etc

One was playing this morning and in the early game one was intrigued by my cities 13 hammers production considering the tiles worked were 7 hammers.
Hovering over the city hammers gave me a nice breakdown

Tiles worked = 7
Palace = 2
Other = 1
Producing a unit = 2
Amenities (whatever it was)

It was nice that it showed my city state bonus for producing units and made me aware that when I stopped producing units it would no longer be 13 hammers. It also drilled home that if I had not checked I may get upset when suddenly I started producing less.
Other really is a bit poor and was down to my civics. A bit more programming and they could have sorted this.. or maybe the list gets too long to break down further.

I do agree that some info is missing but considering the detail that is there most things can be worked out and I do believe they have tried (awaiting vitriolic fallout).

Only matters for Industrial and Entertainment Districts.

In the December patch, the developers removed stacking of ranged buildings benefits as well. (A given city can now only benefit from one factory instead of all factories within 6 tiles)

Top Bottom