WoC v1.00 Bug Thread - NOT Specific Modules

TAfirehawk

WoC Team Manager
Please report any and all issues for the CORE V1.00 release.

Any issues for a specific Module, please report that in the appropriate Module thread, thank you.

I've noticed a couple of issues so far.

Firstly the F9 Info Screen doesn't seem to work properly. Opening the screen just reveals nothing but the standard background and the exit button - no graphs or other buttons - nothing.

Also, I have noticed a health sign with a '1' next to it when the pointer hovers overs a city. This sign also appears in the any main city screen next to the commerce sign in trade routes. Maybe I'm missing something here and it is a legitimate addition, but the health sign doesn't seem to serve any purpose, so I'm wondering what it means?

I have no time to test... :(

But my friend Söör says he got crash with 1.00 after many turns because of
"calling wrong memory address" or what...

Hum got a screen shot of this and what modules do you have in?

Sure. The first is the info screen and the following two are the weird health button thingy. I don't have any modules at the moment so it's definitely a core thing.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 311
  • Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    127.9 KB · Views: 367
  • Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 363
I have found the source of the F9-screen problem. The WoC-team introduced a fix for an omission by Firaxis regarding the new game option NO_ESPIONAGE. Unfortunately, somehow this option is not recognized as being a game option.

In WoC/Python/Screen/CvInfoScreen.py it reads (WoC addition in bold):

Code:
# See if Espionage allows graph to be shown for each player
[B]if not (gc.getGame().isOption(GameOptionTypes.GAMEOPTION_NO_ESPIONAGE)):[/B]
	for iMissionLoop in range(gc.getNumEspionageMissionInfos()):
		if (gc.getEspionageMissionInfo(iMissionLoop).isSeeDemographics()):
			iDemographicsMission = iMissionLoop

The easiest way to fix the F9-screen problem is to remove this file for now (or back it up outside the WoC folder), while we look for a proper solution.

Just talked with Faichele and thats a new trade route that contributes to a cities health, but the F9 is definitely not right. Thanks for the info.

Ok, looks like we forgot to add the new 3.17 game option to the SDK in CyEnumsInterface.cpp :crazyeye: :

Code:
.value("GAMEOPTION_NO_ESPIONAGE", GAMEOPTION_NO_ESPIONAGE)

When we have recompiled and republished the core, the F9-screen will work properly with our Python change

I get an error when I start. Using Core 1.00 Build 1860. The Game still starts and is playable. I have attached screen shots.

Attachments

• WOC Error 1.jpg
    WOC Error 1.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 323
  • WOC Error 2.jpg
    WOC Error 2.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 270
I get an error when I start. Using Core 1.00 Build 1860. The Game still starts and is playable. I have attached screen shots.

I know this error, but I'm not sure why you get it. Could you give some information on what modules you have installed?

Well I was able to fix the startup error and was hoping that was causing the problem with the game hanging at the " Waiting for other Civ " message, but no such luck.

Is there anywhere that I can turn on logging so I can see what the game is waiting for or a console view to watch the game flow? or a tool that I can use to watch the game flow.

Thanks

@ promomansr; Yes you can enable logging go to C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword. In there openup _Civ4Config, hit CtrlF and type in Log in the Find what part. You should then look for "; Enable the logging system". on the next line, "LoggingEnabled = 0", change it to "LoggingEnabled = 1". Then run your game. It generates the logs in C:\Users\Your name\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Logs in Vista or C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name\My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Logs for xp. Then one that helps us the most are the MLF and XmDependency Types Logs. Thanks again for your help

@ rockinroger. Thanks for the info on the log files. Have turned on the logs and reviewed them. I don't see anything that would cause a loop like the one that I'm getting.

Is there any tools in VC studio or something else that can do a realtime run of the game so I can see where it is stuck.

Thanks

PromomanSr

Yes, you can attach the debugger to CIV and then step through what the dll does.

To do so, compile the debug dll (named CvGameCoreDLL.dll, i.e. no _debug in the filename) with the output directory being the location of the current dll (i.e.BtS/Mods/WoC/Assets).

Then start Civ, load WoC and after doing so, attach the VC debugger to the Civ4BtS process. Now you can step through the dll.

hi hi WoC team~~~
I just confirm this happens with WoC 1.0 -- with pure core install and no other modules. Attach a sample save game, 1 turn to CTD.
EDIT: just check div_woc, also CTD at founding a religion...
EDIT AGAIN: just check pure BTS, good -- no this problem. Seems that no one play WoC & div_woc long enough till founding a religion? :lol::lol::lol:

Attachments

• QuickSave.CivBeyondSwordSave
    50.9 KB · Views: 289
hi hi WoC team~~~
I just confirm this happens with WoC 1.0 -- with pure core install and no other modules. Attach a sample save game, 1 turn to CTD.
EDIT: just check div_woc, also CTD at founding a religion...
EDIT AGAIN: just check pure BTS, good -- no this problem. Seems that no one play WoC & div_woc long enough till founding a religion? :lol::lol::lol:

are you playing with choose religions on ?
if so i am have thing same ctd ,been Pming back & forth with Rockingroger about it
try playing with out choose religion checked and see if it works

Choose religion option, ill have to test that and see if that is the bug, again thanks for the reports guys, its almost impossible to catch all bugs. So this is appreciated.

Top Bottom