WoC v1.00 Bug Thread - NOT Specific Modules

I think all of us are having these crash problems. We will probably have to wait until the next version to fix this.

The point in the load where it crashes for me, by the way, is when the bar is about half or two-thirds full and the text says it is loading XML (uncached). That's when it closes and Vista reports something caused Windows to stop working properly. I don't have this crash when loading just the core (1.0).

EDIT:
Out of curiosity I decided to try an experiment, and copied all of the files/directories from WoC 1.2 directory to WoC (which the core installed to). Same crash at same point after the files are replaced, so it's something in them that Windows doesn't like. I tried switching all of the modules off in the MLF file as another experiment, but same crash when loading XML.

Hello all - long time lurker, first time poster. :)

I installed WoC 1.2 + the patch on a clean installation of Civ 4 BtS (Steam), and unfortunately my experience has been less than positive. :(

After double-clicking on the desktop link (which launches WoC directly), it takes about 7 to 8 minutes for the init screen to appear (!), during which time the process manager shows that the Civ4 executable is conusming about 50% of the processor.

Once the init screen appears, it takes about 3 minutes to get to the main menu, where i can interact with the game as normal without any slowness or visible buggy activity.

Unfortunately, once i've selected the options for my game, and i reach the second (in-game) init screen, it freezes with the following error in a debug window :

----------------------------------------------------------
Assert Failed

File: .\CvPlayer.cpp
Line: 2054
Expression: false
Message: python findStartingPlot() returned an invalid plot index!
----------------------------------------------------------

I've tried both leaving the game alone, as well as ignoring the error, for up to 30 minutes - in each case, the progress bar does not move, and nothing happens. I'm forced to terminate the process from the task manager.

I have included my dxdiag output for reference. I hope that the solution is an easy one. :) Thank you, all.

Attachments

• phrawzty-DxDiag-20090119.txt
    41.9 KB · Views: 156
I find that I don't get these crashes and assert fails if I install the core 1.0 and then download the modules that I want individually

Sorry guys not trying to blow off your posts or anything, we have been doing 5 10's and 8 on saturday at work, so its been crazy. Trying to work through a art define causing a crash for 1.30, but its hiding from me right now.

Hello

Been around for quite a while, but been forced to post and register in these forums only now. Mainly because i am unable to continue my game and i just love this mod (great work by the way!).

I havent gotten a single error yet, but whenever i reach turn 211 in my current game, the game keeps saying "Waiting for other Civilizations..." and never stops after i end the turn.. I have tried reloading previous autosaves, but all of them stop working after turn 211 with exactly the same problem.

I would like to know if there is any possible fix or something i can do to resume my game.

Thanks for the attention. EGO. :)

P.S: I can email the save if that helps.

Firstly, fantastic work on this mod, and it's muchly appreciated by myself, although less so by my girlfriend.....

I haven't really encountered many problems with crashing during the game, although when I try to play on XXl or gigantic sometimes, the loading screen freezes in the Initilizing bit. That may just be my PC though, as sometimes it will work.

The only issue I really have that I haven't seen anywhere else is realted to charasmatic leaders, or at least Brennus and Boudicea - haven't played it with any of the other charasmatic leaders yet. The 25% less XP for promotions doesn't appear to work. The limts are 2/5/10, etc which are the same for everyone else.

Hope this was the right place to post this.

So... no news on the Vista crashing problem? I just downloaded this mod for the first time... and I really want to try it out.

I'm using an "NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE"

That shouldnt be a problem, what is the path to the mod? It should be something similar to this, C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\WoC. This is on a Vista machine.

Oh, that's probably the problem. Mine's located in my C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Gold\Beyond the Sword\Mods folder.

I'll try and re-install in the folder you mentioned.

edit: Installed it in the folder, but now I can't load it. There is no shortcut in the WoC folder and when I try to Advance/Load a Mod, it isn't listed there...

I made a thread, but I realize it was in the wrong location. I have BTS off Steam...

I open the game, go into BTS, select load a mod, load this particular mod, and it quits out to load, and then never comes back. What am I doing wrong/What should I do?

I have noticed in a few places that binary values are not necessarily updated by WoC. A zero can become a one but a one can't become a zero.

For example: In the game options xml file the default in the mod I play (RoM) for inquasitions is on and the barbarian civs is off. So I made a file in my mods which turns inquasitions off and barbarian civs on. Only the latter works ie both end up on. I have seen this with the unit infos file also where I wanted a couple of the animal units to not be animal units.

Is this a feature or bug?

I have noticed in a few places that binary values are not necessarily updated by WoC. A zero can become a one but a one can't become a zero.

For example: In the game options xml file the default in the mod I play (RoM) for inquasitions is on and the barbarian civs is off. So I made a file in my mods which turns inquasitions off and barbarian civs on. Only the latter works ie both end up on. I have seen this with the unit infos file also where I wanted a couple of the animal units to not be animal units.

Is this a feature or bug?

It is considered a feature :)

You cannot set a value to its initial value in a modular way in WoC, so it at least is intentional (personally I still would prefer this not to be the case however).

I am getting a strange problem - where I define a mod in the MLF file determines whether or not I get the game text in game. The same goes for the unit class which is more of a worry. Neither the unit class nor the game text keys are in any other place in the modules folder nor the main mod folder.

Top Bottom