Wolf

Civitar

Adventurer
Wolf unit converted from Civilization IV. Mesh by Deliverator (from his Goblin Wolf Rider) and animations by Kwadjh. Has sounds for attack, fortify, fidget, and death from Civ4. It can be reskinned and previewed normally in Nexus. I have also fixed the issue with rifleman triggers being assigned to it.

Spoiler Screenshots :

Since it's reskinnable now, I can upload my old reskins of Kwadjh's wolf conversion.

Contains wolves of various shades of gray (including black and albino) [with a couple of alternate eye colors to match the direwolves from Game of Thrones], as well as a brown wolf and a brown "dog." You'll need the animations from the base unit.

EDIT: Added 3 hellhound skins...

Attachments

• direwolf_skins.zip
    302.4 KB · Views: 355
  • direwolf_hellhound.zip
    98.2 KB · Views: 367
  • direwolves.png
    direwolves.png
    144.4 KB · Views: 408
  • hellhounds.jpg
    hellhounds.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 415
Thanks Civitar! :goodjob:

Since it's reskinnable now, I can upload my old reskins of Kwadjh's wolf conversion.

Contains wolves of various shades of gray (including black and albino) [with a couple of alternate eye colors to match the direwolves from Game of Thrones], as well as a brown wolf and a brown dog.

I'm working on some hellhounds now...

Awesome! I think we've got wolves covered now, so it looks like all we need is a Werewolf... :D

Hey there,

Firstly, I'd like to thank you for providing this, as this is perfect for the mod I'm wrapping up right now.

However, I'd like to ask if there are any problems, or if you never intended, for several of these skins/models to be used simultaneously?

I'm having some problems with this, as I've detailed in this thread and I'm not sure if it's because I'm trying to use what are essentially the same units, with the same animation files, or if there is some other reason.

Update:

It can be reskinned and previewed normally in Nexus. I have fixed the issue with rifleman triggers being assigned to it and given it the original skin and sounds from Civilization IV,.

Spoiler Screenshots :

Update:

It can be reskinned and previewed normally in Nexus. I have fixed the issue with rifleman triggers being assigned to it and given it the original skin and sounds from Civilization IV,.

Spoiler Screenshots :

I added the wolf, but can't get the .wav sounds to work. I put them in an assets/sound folder in my mod. I set them to VFS=True, and clicked reload audio system. And I updated wolf_sounds.xml to database. Still no sounds. I don't get it.

I am not sure, but they work fine for me. I can send you the mod I made to test them if you want.

Yes could you do that for me? I don't have it setup right or something. Thanks!:)

Amazing, Im going to use it for the Starks!

I just added it for them. I don't hear howls though, but when they attack each other it sounds cool.

If you can hear attack sounds and not howls, it's probably a mistake I made in the ftsxml file (which controls when sounds trigger). I will check it over more closely.

That's fine no rush. It is a great unit. I just adjusted its unit members and scale to fit my mod.

If you can hear attack sounds and not howls, it's probably a mistake I made in the ftsxml file (which controls when sounds trigger). I will check it over more closely.

I couldn't get them to howl either, when idle or fidgeting. I think you will really have to tweak the .ftsxml file to get it to work, perhaps add an action?

Spoiler :
<trigger type="FTimedTriggerAction" id="100" time="2.60" duration="0" repeat="0" ec="1040" track="4" tier="0" action="1" />

I haven't messed around with actions much, but they seem to be relative to something in the DataGraphs so I'm not even sure it would help. I'd like to unravel the mystery to me of the difference between "time," "duration," and "tier" because I don't understand the mechanics as of yet.

In the .ftsxml file that I made for testing, I instead added in howls when running and attacking to try to compensate for the lack of howls elsewhere.

Howls are just supposed to play in the fidget animation, and I had to do some editing to what animations play at what event codes in order to make it have an animation for all occasions. It's more than likely that this messed up the ftsxml. I must confess the ftsxml is an illegible jumble to me, all I can figure out is the ec part, the effect part, and the sound part.:p

This is amazing work. Has anyone made a dog sled team for an inuit unit?

I am working on a 3rd and 4th unique component for CL's Inuit civ, I was hoping to use Barathor's excellent Qamutiik icon, but there is still no unit model for a dog sled.

With the wolf already reskinned, would it be hard to add a sled?

Barathor's inuit icons, top, an inuit sled on bottom:
Spoiler :
upload_2018-3-28_13-39-29.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom