Wolf

Sooooo, adding a sled could be done in a couple of ways:

1. The sled could be a fixed rig to the armature of the wolf, effectively having no motion of its own and statically "dragged" by the action of the wolf animation.
2. You can re-rig the wolf and sled to a chariot animation. The wolf and sled would animate like a chariot, losing the "howl" and other distinct traits for this custom animation.

It's up to you which you might prefer. The only additional problem would be an actual sled. Pictures, while nice, are not mesh :lol:. Do you have a referenced 3d model of a sled to use?

Danrell's Mongol chariot has the right shape, sort of. You would have to lop off the wheels

option 2 sounds better, don't you think? Otherwise the sled would float around when the wolf fidgets

Danrell's Mongol chariot has the right shape, sort of. You would have to lop off the wheels

option 2 sounds better, don't you think? Otherwise the sled would float around when the wolf fidgets

I agree.

OK, cool, I can add some rails on the bottom of it (easy to do), perhaps lengthen it a bit and adjust for proper size. Let me see what I can come up with. What model do you want to use for the Inuit in the sled? Also, is it going to use attack animations?

Well, without creating custom animations there will be a few limitations using an existing chariot unit:

-horses are larger than dogs so there will be limited scale management (I can probably scale and move the human bones to be relative size but it won't be perfect)
-the dogs will animate like horses
-there will only be two dogs pulling the sled (per the chariot unit)
-the best match I can find would be the Heavy Chariot (Hittite), meaning that you will have a driver and a spearman (not atlatlist)

On the plus side, finding someone who is willing to create custom animations for this unit is highly unlikely so in relative perspective it's not a bad fit :D

NOTE: So as not to hijack Civitar's Wolf thread (since it has now become almost wholly unrelated), I will continue discussion of it on the Unit Request Thread.

Last edited:
Top Bottom