Workers

Pax Communisma

Chieftain
Hello, I was wondering whether there were a way to tweak Workers (patch? spiffy python coding?) so that when a Worker enters a tile, the Worker builds improvements such as mines and pastures before Roads. I don't mind the Roads, except that it is usually more beneficial to have the resource-increasing improvement made first.

A small (and rather n00b) thing, and one that may have been addressed before and/or is unaddressable, but thanks.

Such baby steps make young Communist country increase big and strong! :cool:

Personally I don’t automate my workers at all. They do more destruction than construction. You can’t turn your back on those little buggers or they will start farming over your towns, and chopping down your forests.:mad:

To make automated workers viable would require some major changes to their AI.

I agree with Itachi, it only took me loseing acess to my only aluminium resourceand realizeing that some automated worker had decided a windmill would look pretty on top of it to never try that again. I bet you could mod it, if you wanted, but I've got no knowledge in that field

Personally I don’t automate my workers at all. They do more destruction than construction. You can’t turn your back on those little buggers or they will start farming over your towns, and chopping down your forests.:mad:

To make automated workers viable would require some major changes to their AI.

Check "automated workers leave old improvements" and "leave forests" in the options menu to make automated workers at the very least viable. I still never use them until perfecting my empire myself, but once I run out of things for them to do I can at least set them off to build roads everywhere.

The only time I automate workers is after I have railroading. I have any spare workers build a transportation net. But even then they build railroads to nowhere and ignore connecting cities and resources.

Do not automate workers.
Do not select "no unit cycling".
You will then have total control over what your workers are doing, and when they have finished a task they wait to be told what to do next when their turn comes around.
Later on, when you have built all your railroads and developed every tile in all your cities, you can park them in groups at locations strategically scattered across your empire. One worker in each resting group should be set to "skip turn", so that you visit every group once per turn and don't forget where you put them: the others should be set to "sleep", ready to be used as, when, and if necessary

The only Worker automation that's any good is Build Trade Network. They'll just go around hooking up resources and building roads. Everything else should be done manually.

Top Bottom