World War 2 -Global Conflict

@MaxRiga: I just played with your excellent Mod lately!! Unfourtunatly I also get crashes with your 1941, Barbarossa and Stalingrad-Scenarios. Don´t know why

I am using currently a 2 GB DDR System with a 256 MB graphic cardan WinXP.

The System seems too weak for many mods!

Hi just downloaded and started in turn one and just had to post (maybe you already know)

volvograd was renamed as stalingrad (in stalins honour) and was later renamed back to volvograd.

(just like st petersburgs got renamed leningrad (in lenins honour) and now once again is called st petersburgs)

Therefore volvograd should be called Stalingrad in this scenario
Where you have stalingrad could be smonlensk or kursk or something I don't know!

Just a small historical error but great work on this scenario i really like the look of it

Also - end of first turn culture from france is too (taking half of germany territory! I also noticed german culture took quite a bit of poland!

I've played the scenario and it is really beautiful. The only issue I have had is with the mod. I have no idea how to play it. I have warlords, and from reading the forum and MaxRiga's webpage for the mad, it may not be compatible with Warlords. Other than that, without the mod, it works great.

I looked closely at the mod file, and found that it was a Beyond the Sword file. Is there a Warlords file for this mod? Is so, please post it so that I can try out the mod.

Did you know, that USSR attacked Poland on 17th September 1939?

And it is on NONE OF THE WWII SCENARIOS!!!

Grrrr!!! ;(

@ cudfather:

It´s in the Road to War scenario!

Tested it with Kiwitt´s mini-mod and it seems very good made for me, maybe u wanna try it out!?

Germany and Russia are at war with Poland in Sept 1939 did you even play this scenario
Road to War Scenario is extremely inacurate they dont even have the correct world leaders in 1939. Road to War was poorly researched and didnt include both theatres of War -the world wasnt split in half during 1939-45. Governments needed to fight in 2 theatres dividing their resources. This ww2 scenario is the most accurate to the real world ever created.

Im not going to change Stalingrad or Leningrad please read through the 20 pages of debate on this subject throughout this entire post.

Regardless of 20 pages of debate, I know of no Battle of Volvograd, whereas the Battle of Stalingrad (1942-'43) was key on the Eastern Front, precipitating the near collapse of Barbarossa and losing Germany it's entire 6th army. So I'd say Nicodemus22 has a valid point.

I have just purchased warlords 2 days ago so I need to remake the whole scenario again unless their is a file converter somewhere. So I should have this compatible with Warlords in about 3 months. As far as installing the Scenario it doesnt need installing if you have standard Civilisation 4 it should just play from the file once you have unzipped it of course using winzip. Unzip the file then click on the Scenario and it should just start from their.

Could you give me a step by step instruction on installing this im completley hopless. Thanks mate :)

Awesome Senario, thank you for all your work on this!
I may have to alter it though or make my own as Mechs in 45' and a weak Japan AI is no good. I've ran into this problem of all good civ www2 senarios being made to play out as history. This one sort of does, but there isn't 200+ points of interest that need fixing. I havn't read the entire thread so please excuse any redundance. I'm an Axis fan and strongly believe that they had a good chance if only they worked together.

Trading tech is a big problem and part of what speeds up the allies progress. One should not be able to talk Mexico into war vs. the States for a book on Marxism for instance. ;)

Russia had recieved alot of aid from the allies after being invaded. Scorched earth and harsh winters also played a big role. It took them along time to get rolling. Stalin was also personaly devistated as he trusted Hitler and likely had big plans for the Allies. I'm not suggesting a senario should attept to play out that way but rather pointing out that Russia is starting off too strong and with the wrong attitude. The way it plays out here is that they are almost always the agressor vs. Germany and unstoppable with early gunships.

Japan had great success vs. China's coast but here the Ai only manages to take one and sometimes two cities wich happen to be what they already held in 39' then one of the most powerful navies in the world at the time goes and camps out south of Australia and plays the role of light nucance for years on end. I Havn't tried it yet but I'm sure it would be fairly easy for a China player to wipe out Japan in this senario.

Great work over all! I only wish I wasn't limited to vanilla.

I got civ 4 complete finaly! :)

With that i'll have to withdraw most of the nit picking above as things are alot different non vanilla, namely the tech tree.

Max Riga offers alot of changes to the game, new techs (tech tree is a mess) unit upgrades, unique units, leader heads, graphics, resoarces and most noticable, smaller units that are a bit hard to get used to but more realistic in scale and missed once you do get used to it. his site also has some senarios of his own that are worth checking out.

trinder 1, please check out the ww2 1939 mod it's very pritty! ;)
I'd like to see what you can do with it if you like it. they don't have a global senario yet.

How do you load the WWII scenarios? I downloaded them, unRARed them, but clicking on them launches Civ4 but I don't see the scenarios.

So how come I can't start building modern units (infantry, machine gunners, etc) at the start of the scenario, but only riflemen, grenadiers and cannon?

thanks for creating the scenario, but being a newbie I have to ask how the scenario and the MaxRiga mod are installed? currently i placed the MaxRiga mod in the Mods folder, and the scenario I have thrown into the PublicMaps folder... I load the Mod, and then choose to play the scenario... it forces me to play with the US, and the only two cities I can see are Honolulu and Anchorage...the rest of the US is blacked out under the fog of war...in fact the rest of the map is blacked out under the fog of war..not sure what i did wrong...maybe wrong version... i run the plain vanilla version with the latest patches installed.. and am sure i downloaded the correct versions of the scenario and mod...

any help would be greatly appreciated..thanks.

thanks for creating the scenario, but being a newbie I have to ask how the scenario and the MaxRiga mod are installed? currently i placed the MaxRiga mod in the Mods folder, and the scenario I have thrown into the PublicMaps folder... I load the Mod, and then choose to play the scenario... it forces me to play with the US, and the only two cities I can see are Honolulu and Anchorage...the rest of the US is blacked out under the fog of war...in fact the rest of the map is blacked out under the fog of war..not sure what i did wrong...maybe wrong version... i run the plain vanilla version with the latest patches installed.. and am sure i downloaded the correct versions of the scenario and mod...

any help would be greatly appreciated..thanks.

...so threw the scenario into the WorldBuilders folder, and that appears to have worked like a charm, yet the issue with the Mod still persists, only allows me to play as the US..

Top Bottom