World War II 1939 - A Civilization IV Modification

Well done with the mod, had my bit of fun playing as China and invading Japan. A couple technical things that may have been asked before, but here goes:

As China, I cant seem to build Battleships, subs, Carriers and quite a few other things, i have the tech, resources, and the pre-req bldgs. Were they precluded from China's build tree.

The Corporations that arent established in the beginning in the world scenario (say Maharu and Channel) there arent any it seems to find them even if i have the right GP

and for the Uranium enrichment process that requires 2 Research Institute, given that the Research Institute is a national wonder, does that mean i have to be a in a permanent alliance with someone who's built one RI as well?

Thanks in advance for your response

Does it included Canada?

I know that this is a not very used thread, but I'll try asking my question anyway.

I really like the ideas in the MOD but the terrain is really too dark for me! Maybe it's because I'm colorblind or maybe it's just because I'm picky... :rolleyes:

Anyway, would there be a simple way to just change the terrain?

IF YOU ARE HAVING TROUBLE PLAYING ON WINDOWS VISTA/7

This is probably because your Civ is installed in a Program Files directory, which is under strange UAC (user access control).

HOW TO FIX

Right click on top-level folder (probably 2K Games)
Properties
Security Tab
Edit button
Click Users so it highlights
Check Full Control under Allow column.
Click OK, you will have to wait 5 min, then it should be good!

It is strange to see Malta is missing in a mod as perfected as this one. And all those silly named/located Russian cities :confused:

When i click download the file of the mod it shows that it cant find it i'm using google chrome :cry::cry:

I still love playing this mod. But there were a few things that bothered me so i fixed them in a small update. Infantry couln't be loaded into personnel carriers and i was never able to build nukes. I fixed it. And i have made german late panzers stronger but more expensive and the sherman cheaper but also weaker.

I wanted to fix the desert infantry double movement cost issue, but i was unable to. The xml file seem to be correct, but there is no double movement.

http://www.mediafire.com/?9p38ujfxdyx4c96

Good work. I think people are just very busy with their own projects at the moment, Tigranes, to pick up the mod.

You won't believe me but the author of this mod just signed in 1 day ago! After long, long absence. Just emailed him this, hope he will answer:

Wow!

You actually just visited the forum? What a news!

Listen, I am absolutely in love with your 1939 Mod. There are some annoying bugs that spoil all the fun, would you please willing to do that?

Let me know, please!

I downloaded the mod, but am struggling to get it to work with my Steam version of Civ IV BTS.

Any hints or tips.

I can get it to appear, then I load it and in the middle of loading the mod it hangs.

Edit:
Found http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422976

Hopefully post 15 will work.

It did work.

Playing the mod. Enjoying it, but is there a way of forcing the declarations of war as per the real war/other scenarios.

e.g. playing as germany, USA declaread war on me in september 1939. Then Franco adopted democracy! Turkey also wanted to sign open borders!
quite mad.

Hi, i have problems playing the mod; actually run ok but look like this - see attachments -
any suggestions?
W7 - 64 bits
I7 2600-CPU - RAM 8GB etc, so the PC is'nt the problem...

Attachments

• 1939 mod_wrong view.jpg
    1939 mod_wrong view.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 231
Have you installed on Win 7 as per my thread (see my sig)

Have you installed on Win 7 as per my thread (see my sig)
done, but still the same problem :mad:

all the another mods Works fine: PAE-BUG-Next War - Road to War etc so i think that the problems is this mod (something like the "Font files") the mod run and the game start, i can move units, found cities etc, but i can't see no text - see image

this mod work fine in BTS for sure?

NOTE: I download the two parts file, because the .exe file link don't work

Attachments

• wwii 1939 mod_problems1.jpg
    wwii 1939 mod_problems1.jpg
    307.9 KB · Views: 270
  • wwii 1939 mod_problems2.jpg
    wwii 1939 mod_problems2.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 216
Top Bottom