Worst game ever...what is yours?

AI pops the lich from Broken Sepulcher; I find out on turn 10, when twin specters kill the lone warrior in my capital. Second warrior has 3 turns left. My tears fell as rain.

Turn 14 or thereabouts. I forget exactly what it was that killed me - an Ogre or a bunch of Spectres or copious amounts of axemen - but whatever it was big and nasty and not the kind of thing my warrior stood any chance of fighting.

How can you guys say that your worst game is when you are killed in turn 14? That means a game ended that you had invested a minute or two in, no biggie. When a game you have played for 10 hours breaks down due to a bug and can't be gotten around with world-editor or backing up 10 turns or something, that's the worst game to me!

How can you guys say that your worst game is when you are killed in turn 14? That means a game ended that you had invested a minute or two in, no biggie. When a game you have played for 10 hours breaks down due to a bug and can't be gotten around with world-editor or backing up 10 turns or something, that's the worst game to me!

Yeah, but those are pretty much guaranteed to happen in every game eventually(unless your playing on a duel map or something). This is more along the line of huge op barb units that spawn unfairly or too early(my opinion of course:crazyeye:), or getting a horrible starting position or maybe even a mix of both. Basically, things that happen only occasionally or rarely.

I was trying to get the Godslayer achievement, so I played a game with Amurites and added the Illians as one of the AI civs. Everything was going well at the start, the only entrances to my starting area were two chokepoints which I blocked with forts. The Illians were near those chokepoints and the only other way leading to the Illians was a another two tile wide chokepoint which I block with another fort.
I got lucky with a lair and got a Spellsword which recieved the totaly overpowered "heals +30% after combat" mutation a few turns later. The Illians declared war on me a few times, but they didn't stood a chance against that Spellsword and all the fireballs with movement 5 (Hydromancer trait is great :D) from my mages and tower mages. I simply defended my chokepoints without attacking the Illians cities.

I was going for full research, meaning Tower of Complacency, City of a Thousand Slums, Crown of Akharian and mass cottages on floodplains in my capitol. After I had finally researched Divine Essence and Omniscience I gave all those techs to the Illians so that they could build Auric Ascended. At this point I realised that Omniscience can't be traded. So I figured "ok, how long can it possibly take them to research it themselves?" and gave them all my other techs as well to make sure that they were going to research Omniscience asap.
After building the Eyes and Ears Network I saw that they were indeed researching Omniscience but it was taking over 100 turns! At this point I decided to fix the "bug" preventing me from giving Omniscience to the Illians and edited the XML files to make it tradeable. However, at this point the Illians had already completed the Draw and thus were at war with the whole world.

So in order to finally give them Omniscience I first had to make peace with them via the Seven Pines (this is technically a exploit I assume?). Those were at the other side of the world, near the D'tesh capitol. Thus I sended my best Immortal, a settler and some other units out to destroy the D'tesh city and claim the Seven Pines for me, while defending my lands from all the Tier 4 units the Illians were constantly throwing at me (thanks to the techs I gave them :mad: ).
My plan worked out, I razed the D'tesh capitol, founded a new city right next to the Seven Pines and used them to make peace with everyone. And a few turns after I had given Omniscience to the Illians they completed Ascension and the event where Kylorin tells me the location of the Godslayer pops up.

Some time later (after checking the whole map with the world editor) I realise that the Godslayer event must be bugged, it didn't spawn. The whole game (500+ turns on epic speed) for nothing.

I hate it when that happens, they popped up on me in a recent game on turn 12-15 and also took my capital(who had the idea to give early goblin cavalry 6str?!). Anyway, afterwards I cheated and reloaded an earlier autosave because I didn't feel like starting a new game. Justice lives.:mischief:

A Savage Bandit popped on Turn 3, marched through the Jungle and ate my city before I could pump out a second warrior to have any hope of defending against it.

A Savage Bandit popped on Turn 3, marched through the Jungle and ate my city before I could pump out a second warrior to have any hope of defending against it.

He took out a defender in a jungle/hill tile?! I wish my warriors were that strong. :lol:

So, I was playing Bannor, which is unusual for me, and a few difficulties higher than usual, plus with double AC changes on because it felt like it never went past 2-3 in my normal games... Quite a big mistake. But even before AC-based hell, my early growth was screwed up my Zacaras stomping around my lands; took quite a few axemen to destroy him, and by the time I was done my capital was 100% savage from the sacrificed troops....

Then, I start repairing the damage and set up a few colonies, meet my neighbors, found Order. I've got D'Tesh and the Clan as neighbors, so I decide to help the Clan in its war against D'tesh... Things seem to be going better; we raze all his cities, but then I decide to smash some filthy orcs with my nice little army of a few Confessors, Valin, and some axemen + catapults (though still no metals...).

This is also going fine, but somewhere along the line the AC has hit 40. Stephanos shows up right next to my army, but Valin blasts him pretty easily, he's reborn and vanishes so I don't pay him much mind. By the time I've gotten halfway through the Clan's stack, though, Buboes has spawned too, and the two show up at my poorly defended border cities, forcing me to rush Valin back home, but not before I lose a city to them, a lot of units, and a lot of my towns are pillaged by them running by.

Still, I finally kill those two, and start recovering again, though my expansion and research are in shambles... And then Auric completes The Draw, spawning Yersinia and Ars at the same time; at first I think I'm okay, and advance to kill off the Clan, only to encounter those two together. Immediately they abandon attacking Braduk and destroy my stack; Valin manages to kill Yersinia and get the third wep, but Ars runs away after killing everyone but Valin. I return to trying to kill the Clan, but since Valin is using War, this pushes the AC up even further--oh, and Auric has more than three times my score, I discovered when he dowed via the draw--and just as I'm about to push to finish off the Clan, the Avatar of Wrath spawns nearby and the next turn, another civ raises the AC to 100...

I think this has been the only game I've ever played +200 turns (quick) on and then actually given up as hopeless. <.<; I guess I got my wish for a more challenging game!

Muris Clan Lord on turn three with three of his best friends. :cry: Heh heh, gonna delete the little rats. Why are these events allowed to happen so soon in the game? :gripe:

Happened to me about 4 times alrdy, playing RfE for 1 and a half week now.
Before i can get a 2nd warrior, have to choose "Chase them" and that's it.

-- snip --
I think this has been the only game I've ever played +200 turns (quick) on and then actually given up as hopeless. <.<; I guess I got my wish for a more challenging game!

actually ... it sounds more like an epic game rather than the worst game ever ...

My worst game ever was when in RIFE when I was playing as the Illians and spawned on an island that could at max fit 2 citys in the middle of the ocean. when I finally got optics, all the ai's had rage and mithral working the good news is that when found the ai's they gave me all the techs i needed to get auric ascended, and when i built the draw, they couldn't find me.:lol:

I was playing as the Bannor, with my capital surrounded by mountains. There was only one tile you could use to enter the BFC of my capital, and I was like, "Sweet! I'm gonna settle a city on that one tile and keep it insanely heavily defended so no one can ever get to my capital!" Right? Wrong.
Ten turns after settling Trinity on that very strategic spot, along comes Orthus. Beyond Trinity, there just happened to be a wall of mountains, so, you could only either go down or to Trinity. Orthus just so happens to spawn within this mountainous corridor.
Of course, he takes it.
Of course, Acheron is born in Trinity.
Surprisingly, the barbarians never go after Torrelerial (if that's how you spell it.) But I wasn't gonna have just one city the whole game, so I just stopped playing it altogether.

I was playing as the Bannor, with my capital surrounded by mountains. There was only one tile you could use to enter the BFC of my capital, and I was like, "Sweet! I'm gonna settle a city on that one tile and keep it insanely heavily defended so no one can ever get to my capital!" Right? Wrong.
Ten turns after settling Trinity on that very strategic spot, along comes Orthus. Beyond Trinity, there just happened to be a wall of mountains, so, you could only either go down or to Trinity. Orthus just so happens to spawn within this mountainous corridor.
Of course, he takes it.
Surprisingly, the barbarians never go after Torrelerial (if that's how you spell it.) But I wasn't gonna have just one city the whole game, so I just stopped playing it altogether.

How many guys did you have defending trinity when orthus took it?

Of course, he takes it.

LOL

Oh well.. But, you know, you could have gone RoK and built some Dorfs to take a city outside of your Hidden Valley.

Top Bottom