• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Would you use human by-products?

How do you feel about using/consuming commercial human by-products

• Good idea!

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Mixed feelings

Votes: 19 37.3%
  • Absolutely not

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Not sure

Votes: 5 9.8%

• Total voters
If genetics allow us to have regenerable arms and legs, then I'd like to know how human beings taste.

CANNIBALISM IS BACK! (and cool)

:mwaha: :mwaha: :mwaha: :mwaha:

Hm, OT is more open-minded than I expected. Cool.

I was thinking about it some more myself, and realized that for now it'd probably be a bad idea, though... it would be very hard to do right, in the sense of not making people seem/feel like animals or taking advantage of them.

I don't see anything wrong with using our poop as fertilizer, though. I hadn't thought of that... good idea!

Also, I started thinking about this whole thing because one of my friends was taking a survey or something and wanted to know whether I thought cheese could be made from human milk. Apparently, it can't be, due to the lack of protein. Aw, man.

Does human insulin and growth hormone count?

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet but human "by-products" have been sold in the past (and maybe even today). During the Renaissance, rich Italian families would hire "milk nurses" to breast feed their young. They did this because it was believed sexual activities tainted the breast milk so those who can afford it will hire others to feed their kids while they continue to reproduce.

Does human insulin and growth hormone count?
Insulin is produced using genetically modified E coli.

I think this is more about where it comes out of, rather than what it's made up of. I don't think people would have a problem if bacteria were able to produce human milk.

Insulin is produced using genetically modified E coli.

Yes, but it is still a human by-product. The only difference is the loss of an intermediary.

Check out my not-so-ninja edit :p

Why would there still be a difference? In the end, the products will have to match up to the same standards.

In some cases it's ok but with the milk issue I say no. Plus I wouldn't want to be drinking a fluid from someone who could contain nasty things that I wouldn't want to pick up.

But that's what I'm most interested in! :(

Well, you can of course discuss that if you want to as well. I was just assuming that commercial use of human meat and the like wouldn't be a controversial issue because practically no one would be for it... I guess I'm wrong, though?

Well, that will depend on where the by products came from isnt it ?? if its from some ugly women or men. then i probably wont use it...

im superficial :D

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet but human "by-products" have been sold in the past (and maybe even today). During the Renaissance, rich Italian families would hire "milk nurses" to breast feed their young. They did this because it was believed sexual activities tainted the breast milk so those who can afford it will hire others to feed their kids while they continue to reproduce.

You don't ovulate when you're breastfeeding, so you can't get pregnant while you're breastfeeding. Thus, you can't continue to reproduce while you're breastfeeding, whether or not the sex is making your milk icky.

(Generally. There are always exceptions.)

In some cases it's ok but with the milk issue I say no. Plus I wouldn't want to be drinking a fluid from someone who could contain nasty things that I wouldn't want to pick up.

I wouldn't want to be drinking a fluid from some cow that could contain nasty things that I wouldn't want to pick up. :)

Well, you can of course discuss that if you want to as well. I was just assuming that commercial use of human meat and the like wouldn't be a controversial issue because practically no one would be for it... I guess I'm wrong, though?

I don't expect it to ever take place, especially not commercially. But I'm totally for cannibalism.

Top Bottom