I am not sure why you feel having allies in the game is not meaningful. :dunno:
2 Players fighting together always brings benefits ... so why do we need more?

I would actually be worried that anything more would make it OP.

Perhaps there could be some scripted events that would produce units to ambush invading royal troops or something? My expectation, based on what I know of the AI, is that any allies would just send units wandering around haphazardly instead of making a tangible impact.

Hello, I would like to ask you for help because, as I am Catholic, the presence of some terms in the game causes me some discomfort. So I would like some help making a small edit to the game.

I would like the terms "Seductive Harlot" and "Prostitute" to be replaced by other, milder terms. To make editing as simple as possible, I would like these terms to be changed only when showing the player on the screen, without the need to make any changes to internal codes.

from "Seductive Harlot" to "Bard Singer"

from "Prostitute" to "Pleasantness"

from "text present in Civilopedia" to "TBD"

So that when I went to play I would no longer see these terms on my screen. As in the examples in the prints below.

Could anyone tell me, step by step, how I would edit this in my game? And is it possible to change this to change the text displayed on the screen, in a Save of a game already in progress in version 4.1, or could there be problems?
Spoiler :

1699281757756.png

1699281901123.png

1699283596472.png

Could anyone tell me, step by step, how I would edit this in my game?

All the text is stored in Assets/xml/Text. I think all the text to refer to is stored in XML_AUTO_UTF8_UnitInfo.xml. Open it with any text editor supporting utf-8 and edit whatever you want.
And is it possible to change this to change the text displayed on the screen, in a Save of a game already in progress in version 4.1, or could there be problems?
The worst, which can happen when loading a savegame after changing text is that the savegame has old text stored. This means you will likely be able to see a unit arriving on the docks or something like that using the old name if it was logged prior to saving. Other than that, it should be fine.

Is it possible to edit an XML to lower the prices of goods? And also increase volatility, so that when you start flooding the european market in the late game, prices collapse?

Code:
...\Steam\steamapps\common\Civilization IV Colonization\Mods\we the people\Assets\XML\Terrain\CIV4YieldInfos.xml

is your friend :)

iBuyPriceLow and iBuyPriceHigh define the range, you can set it individually for Europe, Africa and Port Royal.
iEuropeVolumeAttrition sets the quickness of price changes, a positive number will see the price increased if the yield is bought in greater quantities, a negative number will level the price to its defined values over time.

Regards
XSamatan

All the text is stored in Assets/xml/Text. I think all the text to refer to is stored in XML_AUTO_UTF8_UnitInfo.xml. Open it with any text editor supporting utf-8 and edit whatever you want.

The worst, which can happen when loading a savegame after changing text is that the savegame has old text stored. This means you will likely be able to see a unit arriving on the docks or something like that using the old name if it was logged prior to saving. Other than that, it should be fine.
I tried and it worked. it's at CIV4GameText_WTP_New_Experts_utf8 , CIV4GameText_WTP_New_Professions_utf8
thanks

About how units can gain veteran military profession(without trainning). Do I understand correctly that the conditions are something like:
1) being equiped as that military unit.
2) being in a free colonist profession.
3) having 10 exp or more.

Last edited:
try placing a military unit in a fort located next to natives with whom you don't have very good relations. the unit will gain military experience:ar15: quite quickly :cowboy:

No one answered my question about lightly defended enemy colonies, I will try on harder difficulty levels and see if that solves it. I am currently finishing up a long game where i built up my colonies quite a bit. I have run out of things to build in certain cities but have no choice to constantly be building something. Would it be possible to add an option to build nothing in a city? In civ 4 you could build culture, research or money if you had nothing else to build. Could we do the same here? The code exists already, I would be fine with a "build nothing" option if at all possible. Just an idea that I think might be appreciated by a lot of players.

Great game by the way. Good job to everyone involved.

Does the mod physically prevent you from producing FF points if all FFs are gone? If it doesn't then that is nothing. I have never been in that situation, and it seems a very strange endgame to encounter. It is clearly beyond the scope of the mod/game.

No war of independence? ... It is like the slow heat death of the universe.

Does the mod physically prevent you from producing FF points if all FFs are gone? If it doesn't then that is nothing. I have never been in that situation, and it seems a very strange endgame to encounter. It is clearly beyond the scope of the mod/game.

No war of independence? ... It is like the slow heat death of the universe.
Yes, as the last "military ff" is recruited you can no longer make military points, etc... The option disappears from the build menu.

Hi, does the prepared settler do anything besides his +25% food bonus? I kind of expected him to build a settlement with basic buildings in it or something, is he really just an expensive alternative to equipping a free colonist in Europe?

I kind of expected him to build a settlement with basic buildings in it or something, is he really just an expensive alternative to equipping a free colonist in Europe?
That Unit was needed because of the Worldbuilder and also for Immigration / Buying / Spawning in Europe. (As the logic spawns Units, not Professions.)
So yes, usually it is better to just equip another Unit instead of buying a "Prepared Settler". (Unless you are lazy.)

I kind of expected him to build a settlement with basic buildings in it or something,
No, if that was the case it would have been written in Colopedia.The Unit really just has a slight food bonus.
The Unit otherwise only exists as it was the most efficient / easiest way considering implementation to spawn the Profession (using standard logic).

Is there a general guide that explains what to do? Looking at the overhaul is a little overwhelming but amazing.

Top Bottom