WW1 Aircraft Pack 1

snafusmith

Unit Maker
The first in a series of unit packs - this one includes on WW1 aircraft from the US, Britain, France, Russia, Turkey (Ottoman Empire) and Italy.

Caproni Ca.3:

The Caproni Ca.3 was an Italian heavy bomber of the World War I and the post-war era. It was the definitive version of the series of aircraft that began with the Caproni Ca.1 in 1914.

Download Here

Handley Page Type 'O':

The Handley Page Type O was an early bomber aircraft used by Britain during World War I. At the time, it was the largest aircraft that had been built in the UK and one of the largest in the world. It was built in two major versions, the Handley Page O/100 (H.P.11) and Handley Page O/400 (H.P.12).

Download Here

Gotha G.IV:

The Gotha G series was a family of heavy bombers used by the Luftstreitkräfte (Imperial German Air Service) during the First World War. There were five basic variants, designated G.I through G.V.

It is known for its air raids on London, to that degree that other German bombers were incorrectly referred to as Gothas, e.g. the AEG G.IV or the Zeppelin Staaken R.VI.

Download Here

Fokker E.3:

The Fokker Eindecker was a German First World War monoplane single-seat fighter aircraft designed by Dutch engineer Anthony Fokker. Developed in April 1915, the Eindecker ("Monoplane") was the first purpose-built German fighter aircraft and the first aircraft to be fitted with synchronizer gear, enabling the pilot to fire a machine gun through the arc of the propeller without striking the blades. The Eindecker granted the German air force, or "Luftstreitkräfte," a degree of air superiority from July 1915 until early 1916; a period known as the Fokker Scourge during which Allied aviators regarded their poorly armed aircraft as "Fokker Fodder".

Download Here

SPAD S.XIII:

The SPAD S.XIII was a French biplane fighter aircraft of World War I, developed by Société Pour L'Aviation et ses Dérivés (SPAD) from the earlier highly successful SPAD S.VII. It was one of the most capable fighters of the war, and one of the most-produced, with 8,472 built and orders for around 10,000 more cancelled at the Armistice.

Download Here

Nieuport 11:

The Nieuport 11, often nicknamed the Bébé, was a French World War I single seat fighter aircraft. Gustave Delage's answer to the Fokker menace was a scaled down version of the Nieuport 10 two seater. It is famous as one of the aircraft that ended the Fokker Scourge of 1915.

Download Here

Nieuport 17:

The Nieuport 17 was a French sesqui-winged fighter aircraft of World War I, manufactured by the Nieuport company. It was a slightly larger development of the earlier Nieuport 11, and had a more powerful engine, larger wings, and a more refined structure in general. At first, it was equipped with a 110 hp (82 kW) Le Rhône 9J engine, though later versions were upgraded to a 130 hp (97 kW) engine. It had outstanding maneuverability, and an excellent rate of climb. Unfortunately, the narrow lower wing - which marked it as a "sesquiplane" design, with literally "one-and-a-half wings" - was weak and had a disconcerting tendency to disintegrate in flight, from the lower wing's single spar construction.

Download Here

The database includes more information on each of them.

ENJOY!

-Smitty

Very cool... bravo!

I look forward to more of your unit packs Snafu... excellent work as always!

Awesome units, I like them a lot. I guess I will have to create new unit types so I can add them to my mod :)

This looks great. Have you released any without the insignia / with team colours?

I added most of these into my mod... pretty good stuff... oddly enough, I kinda liked the grey Gotha (previously released) better then this camo-Gotha. Dunno... personal tastes I guess.

After adding the Ottoman Fokker E3 I thought the team color wasn't working, then I realized it wasn't team color, the Turks just used huge black squares on their wings! The American Spad was very nice too!

Once again Snafu, good work! More packs please!

@All-
Thanks for the comments!

@maverick_mw-
I don't plan to add team color to these units. I'd rather they had country-specific colors and markings. Besides, it makes no sence for the Aztecs to fly a Fokker.

@Wolfshanze-
The Gotha skin posted here is the night scheme, the other is the day scheme. I'll get to the day version eventually, but not right away. I want to get to other aircraft before I start making alternate skins.

Here's what I've got planned for pack 2:
Sopwith camel
Albatros D.III
Caudron G.4 (Revised version)
Airco D.H.2 (Revised version)
S.E.5a
Breguet Br.14

Here's what I've got planned for pack 2:
Sopwith camel
Albatros D.III
Caudron G.4 (Revised version)
Airco D.H.2 (Revised version)
S.E.5a
Breguet Br.14

and here I thought pack 2 would be some of the other units you have waiting (like your tanks), but I guess then you wouldn't have called this Aircraft Pack :D

When will those be released ?

@maverick_mw-
I don't plan to add team color to these units. I'd rather they had country-specific colors and markings. Besides, it makes no sence for the Aztecs to fly a Fokker.
To be fair, I don't think the Aztecs flew anything in WWI. :lol:

So who's to say what the Aztecs may have flown! :crazyeye:

I look forward to the next pack... any potential release date? Hours, days, weeks, months from now?

But then what would they fly, I'm thinking of the bigger picture here... Oh well never mind...

and here I thought pack 2 would be some of the other units you have waiting (like your tanks), but I guess then you wouldn't have called this Aircraft Pack

Well, oddly enough you're right. I've been working on a lot of things recently - aircraft, tanks, artillery, infantry - The next pack could be tanks OR aircraft, it just depends on what I feel like working on. I'm working on a new project, you guys can probably figure out what it is.

As for when? Who can say? Not days, that's for sure. Maybe next weekend?

Some revised old-stuff:

Wow very impressive pack

I love revised renault ft17

Top Bottom