WW1 Infantry

This may be your most epic set of work after your WW2 collection. No scenario set in that period will get around these fine units. Thank you.

I'm uploading these as I make them. ANZACs are up hiding amongst the UK units.

Okay, Ottoman Turk is posted. I'm tired. Time for sleep.

It's been a busy 2 days. I've got 8 new infantry posted, mostly minor powers. The Greek has some custom sounds. I hope those fervent nationalists that are members here will think I did these new units justice.

Your latest Balkan infantry units are really cool.

I'm not an expert of Greek history, but I beleive the headgear may have been different.

right unit = BeBro's, for comparison

Some comparison for your other units

right unit = BeBro's, for comparison

IF you need more reference, including cavalry units, don't forget my website ;).
http://stephane.f.david.free.fr/CivMod/All_LandModernUnits.htm

BTW, do you plan to make some cavalry?

So judging from the examples we have here, I think BeBro's units are slighlty more accurate historically, but they look more "plastic" and your animations are better

Steph, I did the best I could with the model of hats that I had. Also for the greek, I used diferent pictures for the model.

I know you did your best, I'm just trying to make a fair comparison.

If I really had a critic to do, it would be to just scrap the civ colored part. When you make units which are varied like that, you can tell the difference between the Russian infantry and the Greek with the uniform only, no need of civ colour. With enough units like what you are making, you can have flavour units for every civ, so you don't need a civ colour.

I personally think it gives some "flashy coloured" parts in your units, and it spoils it a bit. It would be even better without civ colour.

For some medieval or ancient units, having red , blue, on heraldry is not a big deal. For modern units, I find it regretable.

Beside, if we have two versions with different headgears, yours and BeBro, it means we can choose :).

And due to my :crazyeye:, my mod requires so many units for the evolution that I don't really mind having a bit more.

Great units Wyrm :)
Although an Euzonos is missing :)
I think that someone else have made him, though.

Yes, Bebro made one of those. I didn't want to try because I can't do a skirt/phoustanella... really really hard to animate. I'm going to try with a scottish kilt but I'm not looking forward to it.

These are some awesome units you've got here!

I struggle making humans in Poser... God only knows what you must go to making them in Bryce! :D

I struggle making humans in Poser... God only knows what you must go to making them in Bryce! :D

Simple, I made my own version of the 'paper doll' everyone keeps talking about in POSER. Notice how so many have the same animations? I just give them different hats and equipment and recolor to suit my needs. I just decide what body type I need to start off with, then go from there. It takes about 30 minutes to 'make' a new unit this way and another 30 to animate. The hard part was the 1st time I started animating infantry, then I just built ontop of my older work. Just like how I reuse attack blasts for my tanks and battleships.

Nice Austrians!

BTW, you did not answer one of my question. Do you plan to make cavalry as well, or just infantry?

IF I make a new WW1 cav.. it would be an extremely generic version. There were so many versions used and completely NOT used during the war. Horses are even more trouble to do that infantry.

5 Austro-Hungarian units posted, all with custom sounds. I've also added sounds to the German Sturmtruppen.

Ok. I've included on my website an example of cavalry unit for most main civilization, that I think is representative.

But they are "what if someone make some". If none are done, I'll just use tank.

If most are done, I'll use cavalry.

Top Bottom