WW2-Global

Please add railroads to the map if not then please get rid of railroads all together.

The trans Siberian railroad was key at the battle for Moscow.

P.S.
Can you add the Panzer VIII Maus allied jet fighters and other late game units in 2.5?

Please add railroads to the map if not then please get rid of railroads all together.

The trans Siberian railroad was key at the battle for Moscow.

P.S.
Can you add the Panzer VIII Maus allied jet fighters and other late game units in 2.5?

Equuleus,

Its possible I will remove railroads 100% in version 2.5.
The reason is how the Civ 3 game-engine works with railroads.
There is no way to set a limit for how many units a Civ can transport
each turn.

Take for example Germany during WW2.
Germany could transport 7-8 divisions per week with rail.
(That is = 7-8 units per turn in this scenario.)
The Civ 3 game-engine allow no capacity-limits for rail move.
Thus in most cases rail-move will give unrealistic mobility.

On Maus and jet fighters in version 2.5:

Should there be a graphic update I will probably include these units.

Rocoteh

Maimonides,

Thank you for the report.

"United States 2.4 Warlord (easy level until I get used to this scenario)

Week 37, 1939

-Set my cities that are empty to building 1939 Infantry...gotta have some kind of garrison.
-Sent 3 Artillery & 1 Cavalry towards Houston. Am contemplating invading Mexico & beyond at some point.
-I don't understand the Tech Tree at all. Many of the Techs seem to have no purpose, i.e. granting no new units, resources or abilities. I just shrug & start researching Light Land 1940, whatever that is.
-I basically have no land units, a very strong navy & a handul of aircraft to start with. My cities are mostly small & totally empty of units...not even a single Worker. Being in the midst of the Depression & full of recent immigrants, the U.S. should have a large, available workforce at this time."
Maimonides

On the Tech Tree:

I think you will find it relevant when you have played the scenario
for some time.

On the US Order of Battle:

It is accurate. The US Army was very small September 1939.

On the workforce:

Given the fact that one turn represent just one week in WW2-Global, you can
do to much with a worker unit already.
Also if I for example add 40 at start worker units for US I must add
some 150 units for Soviet.
Most people will not like that.
Furthermore it will produce very unrealistic results.

"1. St. Louis should be at the junction of the Missouri & Mississippi rivers. On this map, St. Louis isn't even on the Mississippi river-it's somewhere between Kansas City & Columbia, Missouri.
2. Omaha is included, but Kansas City is not. Kansas City was about twice the size of Omaha & a major railraod hub.
3. Wichita, Kansas is missing. Though a small city at the time, it was the U.S.'s largest manufacturer of aircraft during WWII. It still might be.
4. The Platte river is missing. The Kaw river is included, but the Platte is probably larger."
Maimonides

Notes have been taken.

This is worth to remember though:

One can only place 512 cities in Civ 3.
Thus when I placed cities in US I had to think about such things
as how to avoid "empty holes in the map"

Thus with Civ 3 editor you not just say:

"OK here I want the borders for this nation and here I want to
place its 15 largest cities."

There is many aspects to consider.
Such as placing city number 5 will maybe create an incorrect border.
I you make some test-work with the editor you will see what I mean.

On the report and early naval postions taken.

Seems to be good decisions I think.

"Week 39, 1939

-Germany eliminates Poland."
Maimonides

With regard to AI that is fast.

"-My Submarines arrive off the Canary Islands finding them deserted. Historically, they were a possesion of Spain."
Maimonides

Yes I am aware of that fact.....
However as mentioned earlier there is 512 city limit.

On the operations in the Pacific Theater:

It will be interesting to hear how active Japan-AI will play in
the Pacific.

Welcome back.

Rocoteh

Bob1475,

Thank you for the report.

"Germany Demi v. 2.4

1941 report

Took and held Gibraltar.

Attacked in southern Soviet area. Movement was slow, perhaps I was too cautious. Ended year with a front going up to three rings of cities into Soviet territory. Have taken Stalingrad. Conquering the Soviets will take about 18-24more months."
Bob1475

A rather realistic situation in the East.

"Meanwhile the Japanese are on the retreat. The Americans have taken Hainan, Guam and Saipan and are obviously pressing Okinawa (pop 1). Americans also took there favorite Mediterranean island but I ignore them"
Bob1475

Japan-AI is really a problem. Seldom it will deliver good play.

"To continue I must choose between peace with the Soviets to focus on the allies but I fear it is too late (allowing the Soviets to build up forces) or continue with the Soviets to build a Eurasian power which will probably result in stalemate."
Bob1475

To continue the war against Soviet is probably the best solution.

Thank you and welcome back.

Rocoteh

Dear Rocoteh.
I have a 56k modem but I can only connect at 16.8k because the phone line in my building is split up.[Long story] I downloaded TGW DIV 1.6 very good scenario btw. I want to DL this great scenario but I have 1 problem.
I went to 3ddownloads and started DL it said eta 20 hours ok I can do that.
But here is my problem my isp cuts out after 10-12 hours.With 3ddownloads you cant resume DL if could resume DL it whould be no problem. Can you please move the big file to another place that you can resume DL.
I have tried again and again for the last 3 weeks 12 attempts total.
Recoteh I love your Scenarios and REALLY want to play this one.
I can DL big file if I can Resume 1 or 2 times.[I Downloaded ToB TGW DIV 1.6 etc so please dont say you cant DL it at 16.8k because I can if I can resume.]
So Recoteh can you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post it on CFC or somewhere that you can resume DL?
If it is too much trouble to do it now then can you put it somewhere else for the next version of the big file?

Thank you in advance.

P.S.
[I dont have money to get DSL or cable I am very poor if I had the $$$ I would have DSL or cable by now]
[I dont have any friends to DL it for me]

Dear Rocoteh.
I have a 56k modem but I can only connect at 16.8k because the phone line in my building is split up.[Long story] I downloaded TGW DIV 1.6 very good scenario btw. I want to DL this great scenario but I have 1 problem.
I went to 3ddownloads and started DL it said eta 20 hours ok I can do that.
But here is my problem my isp cuts out after 10-12 hours.With 3ddownloads you cant resume DL if could resume DL it whould be no problem. Can you please move the big file to another place that you can resume DL.
I have tried again and again for the last 3 weeks 12 attempts total.
Recoteh I love your Scenarios and REALLY want to play this one.
I can DL big file if I can Resume 1 or 2 times.[I Downloaded ToB TGW DIV 1.6 etc so please dont say you cant DL it at 16.8k because I can if I can resume.]
So Recoteh can you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post it on CFC or somewhere that you can resume DL?
If it is too much trouble to do it now then can you put it somewhere else for the next version of the big file?

Thank you in advance.

P.S.
[I dont have money to get DSL or cable I am very poor if I had the $$$ I would have DSL or cable by now]
[I dont have any friends to DL it for me]

Robert01,

I wish I could help you to solve this problem.
However I see no solution.

3ddownloads is the only place where I can place the 134 MB folder.

Rocoteh

I have tried 2 DL managers,Internet download manager & Down them all both did not work.

I think it is impossible, both said something like non resumable download.
Can it be broken in 2 pieces and put on CFC I REALLY want to play this one.

Robert, there are some download manager programs. Do they not help you, or is it impossible with 3ddownloads?

Adler

Adler his problem is his ISP times out after a certain length of time. 3DDownloads doesnt allow you to resume downloads, they have a built in wait que which makes resuming a download impossible. I really dont see an easy way to fix this problem for him.

Someone please help me.

A friend with a wireless setup and access to an open site will be generally faster than 16.8. Perhaps he/she can download and "patch" to your machine to transfer the file.

On that note, are there any license restrictions or intellectual property protections on this download? If not, Will Civ Fan set up at cost or within a not-for-profit margin a means by which members may obtain any or a collection of this and other scenarios on CD or DVD?

Can anyone help?

Maybe BitTorrent?
Or upload it to the cfc sever in 2 pieces.
FTP Access
You can also send a PM to Thunderfall to request FTP access to upload the file to the server directly. The CFC file server hosts files up to 100 MB. But usually you should just upload bigger files to 3DDownloads instead of waiting for FTP access.

I have a solution!:D

I can DL about 60MB at a time if you break it up in to 3 pieces on 3ddownload
I will have no problem.

On the Tech Tree:

I think you will find it relevant when you have played the scenario
for some time.

Cool. I am a newbie at this scenario. Looking forward to it.

On the US Order of Battle:

It is accurate. The US Army was very small September 1939.

I totally agree.

On the workforce:

Given the fact that one turn represent just one week in WW2-Global, you can
do to much with a worker unit already.
Also if I for example add 40 at start worker units for US I must add
some 150 units for Soviet.
Most people will not like that.
Furthermore it will produce very unrealistic results.

Gotcha. I see now how quick it is to make them anyway & it will be some time before my mainland is under threat. I also see that they build improvements & clean up polution in one turn. I should have the U.S. cranking out serious production very soon.

One can only place 512 cities in Civ 3.
Thus when I placed cities in US I had to think about such things
as how to avoid "empty holes in the map"

Thus with Civ 3 editor you not just say:

"OK here I want the borders for this nation and here I want to
place its 15 largest cities."

There is many aspects to consider.
Such as placing city number 5 will maybe create an incorrect border.
I you make some test-work with the editor you will see what I mean.

Gotcha. I havn't played around with the editor much. Didn't know about the city limit. Tweaking cities in the central U.S. shouldn't affect the nation's borders, though.

One of my 1st thoughts looking at the map was, "Wow. I should build some settlers to place cities here and here and here..." Knowing the map is maxed will save me some production time.

Soviet Russia v. 2.4 Demi

Week 6 1941

No, you did not miss earlier reports. I have just conquered Turkey which is the beginning of the rise of the Red Army. Early work was on infrastructure and basic defense. In April 1940 Japan declared war and I foolishly attacked Betsamo and Bucharest. Not that it was a bad idea, I had units prepositioned and I wanted Betsamo to clear the way for a Scandanavian attack in the future and I wanted Bucharest to try and get to Yugoslavia. I actually took both these cities and held off the Germans who were still working on the French. The problem is that I did not take the Japanese seriously. They surprisingly brough a blitzkrieg of about 10 tanks against Bulgan and took it quickly. I did not respond fast enough and they followed up by razing two of cities in central Asia. I sued for peace once I made my objectives. All in all not a bad trade.

From that point I beefed up defenses as I gained Land 1940 and built up tanks. Satisfied that I could hold off the Germans for a while I rushed some transports and attacked Turkey at the end of 1940, it fell rather easily.

Most cities are now at max production so my tank force should be unstoppable once it starts to roll. Big question is where to go now.

The Germans have all of continental France (but razed two cities) and of course Poland and the low countries.

The Japanese are doing much better this game, perhaps because I am not Germany constantly drawing their attention to the Soviets. In any event they have reached Hanoi in an impressive march South. They took Manila, Guam and Saipan but not Davao and the Americans took Taipei. The American have also taken Caligari - they love that place!

Options -

1. Take on the Axis in Europe to get some excellent production cities. (Connection via Turkey allows for pincer attack on Sofia. No doubt it would be bloody and the Japanesse would be annoying in the East (maybe more than annoying given their strength)

2. Gobble up some neutral to build more strength - Yugoslavia, Norway, Greece, Communist China, Sweden. While we will grow we will not hurt the Axis or Allies.

3. Attack Persia, this splits the British and provides options to go East or West.

4. Take on the Japenese in northern China - probably easier than Europe but our trans-Siberian railway is 24 months away and we could get caught choosing between fronts.

I lean towards #3 as the British need to be bloodied and they will be pressed by the Japanese at the same time.

Robert01:
Okay man seed the torrent then lol. Why would thunderfall want to break the file up into pieces? just DL it from 3Ddownloads because its worked and it still does. So why fix something thats already working? thats how things get broken

I am not asking to break up the Big DL.
I am asking for someone to post it in pieces some where else.
Someone please help me me out here.

Top Bottom