WW2-Global

What I ask is that someone send me the big file in 10 mb pieces via E mail.
robert01history@yahoo.com.

I will be VERY grateful to whoever helps me thank you all and God bless.

I REALLY want to play this scenario.
After someone helps there will be one more person helping with this scenario.

Robert01

Just about every unit you are asking for & in this scenario can be found & downloaded on this forum.Just look in the Unit Graphics section. There are several indexes listing the units. Most of them are very small size & you shouldn't have any trouble DL'ing them.I suggest you start doing that & it would be quicker & help you more than continually asking others to do it for you. Until recently I had dialup so I know how frustrating that can be but this is how I used to get extra units myself so I know it can be done.Hope this is helpful.

The Dragonlord

If no one can send me the whole file than I will make patch.

Dragonlord I have a big collection of units and have looked up and down in the forum and cant find these units.

Dragonlord can you please send me these units from the WW2 Global Scenario folder.

Gato 1939DD Do-17 Nevada T-26 S35 Flak88 Skua Re-2000 M-36Jackson G4M Romania Hungary
M-24Chaffee He-177 Mig3 CVE PrinzEugen Hood Gneisenau Lutzow Ki-84 He-219 Otsu Lancaster
1941DD Bulgaria Hindenburg Eboat LightCruiser [The U-boats if there are different graphics for them.]

If I can get these units I can make a patch.

Rocoteh I opened up the scenario editor and seen that the Japan AI was still set at the lowest aggression level. In version 2.3 I did a test and moved there aggression level up 1 and noticed they were being more aggressive.if you want i can do another test with 2.4 with there aggression level raised by 1 or what ever you think would be best to try and give you a report on my findings. I can use the diplomacy tool I downloaded from this site to remove the fog of war and see exactly whats going on with the AI its a very handy tool but its slow going because you see everything thats going on with all civs and turn times are slow.awaiting your reply.

dferrill,

That sounds very interesting.
A report on Japan (where you control US) with increased aggression level would be of great worth.

Rocoteh

Bob1475,

Thank you for the report.

"Soviet Russia Demi v. 2.4

Week 23 1941

I took the Persia option and just completed conquering Persia - took about 14weeks. Persia opposition was meaningless. Heavy Allied bombings slowed things along with British infantry counterattacks from India and minor armor/cavalry counterattacks from the East. After securing all cities sued for peace and gave incense to the British to gain it."
Bob1475

One can note that in reality resistance in Persia ceased after only
a few days. (That is: After the invasion made by British and Soviet forces.)

"I want the Japanese to keep the British occupied. They make some more progress but sooner or later the Americans will show up. In fact the
Americans have taken Saipan and Guam but lost Taipei. So things are heating up in the Pacific. (note that the Japanese have Palembang and Benjamarsin so they have been active)."
Bob1475

That is positive.

"Options -

1. Continue with the British - East to Africa or West to India. I don't think so because they are not a real threat.

2. Attack the Japanese - Again, not a real threat.

3. Take out some more neutrals - easy but perhaps a distraction.

4. Attack Germany - will be bloody they have been building units for a year.

5. Attack USA - not ready for that.

Conclusion - Attack east in Europe - intermediate goal -Budapest, Sofia, Bucharest and Iasi. Obviously we will have to tangle with panzers and the Luftwaffe. Goal is to run down their inventory while we secure the northern and southern flanks.
Continue holding actions vs Japanese, take out Communist Chinese cities to gain better position and secure lines in Asia.
Peace with Axis will be decided upon situation after these goals are reached."
Bob1475

It will be very interesting to hear how Germany-AI responds.
Most of the time it seems to have severe problems when it comes
to war with Soviet.

"dferril - All Civs are on lowest agression level. In general I think this is right because of adverse effects of too many units being wasted early. However, it might be an interesting test with Germany, UK and Japan.

I note that German AI rarely moves beyond Poland, France and the low countries. This is disastrous because sooner or later Soviet Russia comes for them. They start with the best units and continuous war is the only option to win.

Japan needs to strike hard at the US and China, however they may destroy too many of their units early. Worth a test though.

UK is borderline. They NEVER make a landing on Europe although that relates more to the weakness of the AI. However, it would be intereting if they hit Spain. On the other hand they start with weak armor.

Rocoteh - If you would like I would test various combinations. Let us know."
Bob1475

A playtest with Soviet against Germany-AI on increased aggression-level
would be very interesting.

Thank you and welcome back.

Rocoteh

Recoteh what nation do you need to be play tested?
I will start 1 as soon as my patch is done ETA 1 week if I get 5 units per day via E mail

There is a long time since there was playtest on Britain reported.

Rocoteh

Dear Rocoteh

OK I will do 1 as Britain. I wonder if the Germans will try operation Sea Lion on me.

P.S.
I have most of the units I need for my patch.Can you please E mail me these so I can finish it

Gato 1939DD Do-17 Nevada T-26 S35 Flak88 Skua Re-2000 M-36Jackson G4M Romania Hungary
M-24Chaffee He-177 Mig3 CVE PrinzEugen Hood Gneisenau Lutzow Ki-84 He-219 Otsu Lancaster
1941DD Bulgaria Hindenburg Eboat LightCruiser [The U-boats if there are different graphics for them.]

P.S. P.S. I was looking at the map and Philadelphia is land locked Philadelphia was and is a major port.I think you should change this in the next scenario version.

P.S. P.S. P.S. Do you want my play test to have increased aggression for Germany Japan & Italy?

In the scenario you misspelled Baghdad as Bagdad.

Dear Rocoteh

OK I will do 1 as Britain. I wonder if the Germans will try operation Sea Lion on me.

P.S.
I have most of the units I need for my patch.Can you please E mail me these so I can finish it

P.S. P.S. I was looking at the map and Philadelphia is land locked Philadelphia was and is a major port.I think you should change this in the next scenario version.

P.S. P.S. P.S. Do you want my play test to have increased aggression for Germany Japan & Italy?

In the scenario you misspelled Baghdad as Bagdad.

As I said earlier:

My advise is that you contact 3ddownloads and ask
if they can help you with this problem.

Please respect that I can not do anymore to help you.

Rocoteh

I did contact 3ddownload long story short im SOL with them.
Someone please E mail me these so I can finish my patch and play this thing.

Gato 1939DD Do-17 Nevada S35 Flak88 Skua Re-2000 M-36Jackson Romania Hungary
M-24Chaffee He-177 Mig3 CVE PrinzEugen Hood Gneisenau Lutzow Ki-84 He-219 Otsu Lancaster[The Lancaster I have is not that good.]

[NOTE I CAN NOT FIND THESE IN THE FORUM]

Dunedein,

"Italy - Sid - v2.4

I started the game with the hopes of forming a New Roman Empire, one that would eventually incorporate places like North Africa, Spain, Southern France, Yugoslavia, Greece, and Egypt.

And in the beginning, things seemed to be going my way.

I started out by industrializing the major cities including: Rome, Milan, Torino, and Bologna. During this time I also dealed with Germany and the Soviet Union, getting rubber from Germany and oil from Russia."
Dunedein

Sounds like a good starting strategy for Italy.

"Nearing the end of 1939, I launched the attack on Marseilles, which was met with great success. After only two turns of siege, it fell to Italian Armed Forces. My next target in France was Toulouse.

After waiting for a couple more mountain infantry, my forces took the small city, giving The Italian Empire complete control over southern France.
It was at this point, in late 1939 and early 1940, that I noticed the oil and rubber supplies that could be brought under my control if Bordeaux and Lyon were captured. Taking these cities would alleviate the necessity to pay the Germans for their rubber, and the Russians for their oil (and since wars were quite common between the axis and Russia, their oil was often off limits).

And it was during the siege of Bordeaux that the greatest blow of the war came to Italy.

You see, my fleet had been stationed in Sardinia(Cagliari), from which it harassed the French and British. And I assumed that the city was safe from allied landings. But apparently I underestimated the AI, because the Americans and British launched a coinciding invasion of the city.
After being weakened by British marines, the Americans came through and took the city, and every ship in my fleet was destroyed, including my two remaining battleships."
Dunedein

It seems like AI always at some point in the scenario will
try to invade Sardinia.

"I yelled, I screamed, I slammed my fists on my computer desk. I considered quitting. But some force within me prevailed. If I can just take Bordeaux then I may be able to rebuild my fleet, and build a tank force to exact my vengeance upon the allies! And take Bordeaux I did.
The next target of my then veteran ground forces was Lyon. With its capture,
The Italian Empire would be independent from German rubber."
Dunedein

This must have been very frustrating.

"After several turns of siege, Lyon became yet another city within the ever-growing Italian Empire.

At that point, it was about week 22, 1940. And I was ready to get my feet wet again. So I built a couple transports, and sent a fairly large invasion force to Corsica, to remove the French. The actual taking of this city went off without a hitch, but I had again underestimated the AI. The week after taking Corsica, I rushed an army over to Sardinia(Cagliari). The next turn, the British and Americans crushed all my forces that I had left in Corsica, save for one heavy artillery, with an amphibious assault.

This meant that the invasion of Sardinia could not happen, so I withdrew the men I had sent there, as well as the one remaining artillery unit in Corsica.

So now the Americans were in control of both Corsica and Sardinia. Great, so now instead of having a weakened, destroyed France in control of the island the supremely powerful Americans were in control."
Dunedein

Its hard, very hard to play as Italy.

"This defeat kept me out of the water for a good time. And so I looked eastward, to the Balkans. My plan was to take over Yugoslavia, connecting Albania(Tirana) to the rest of the empire by land, then move south into Greece.
The war started around week 34, 1940, and my armies met little resistance. In short order, Zagreb and Belgrade fell. When many of my forces were moved to positions surrounding Dubrovnik, the British landed a force of six units (One Canadian infantry and the rest Cruiser Mk (?)) one tile west of Belgrade. This forced me to pull my units out of what remained of Yugoslavia to protect my newly conquered territories from the British.
That delayed the taking of Dubrovnik by a week or two, but that city fell to my soldiers soon enough, and Yugoslavia was no more.

After the war with Yugoslavia, I rested for a bit, and built up some flack AA protection in Rome and Palermo and generally expanded the armed forces (I had not even attempted to rebuild the fleet). Some time in here, about week 45, 1940, the British declared war on Greece (sub bug). This, of course, forced all of her allies into the war as well.
The Greeks sent about 13 infantry through my territory to who-knows-where to attack some allied cities, and I took advantage of the situation to destroy their army.
With their army neutralized, I went on to Athens. My soldiers crossed the borders of Greece on week 52, 1940 (I'll say Christmas Eve). And although this force suffered from the bombardment of the newly created Lancaster bomber, they took Athens on the second week of 1941. Since the Americans had taken over Crete, Greece was dissolved as an individual entity.
Around here, the British landed another force of two Matilda 2s, and four British infantry 1939. They were dealt with in short order, and Yugoslavia was, once again, safe.
And this is where I am now. Week 2, 1941."
Dunedein

Very active play from AI in this playtest.

"The AI in this game seem particularly active when it comes to amphibious landings. I don't know what it is, but something is compelling them to launch amphibious assaults.
Another thing of note is that the British have built 42 King George V battleships. Perhaps an increase in price is needed? I mean, 42 battleships created in less than two years? This huge number of British battleships made me throw building a new fleet out the window, because no fleet I could possibly build could stand up to that number of KGVs.
*Addit: I looked in the editor and realized there is a 999 shield cost limit

A very fun WW2 Global run, and the fact that it is not nearly over makes it all the sweeter! Definitely the longest I have stuck with any one game in this scenario."
Dunedein

It seems like the industrial capacity of Britain have become to
strong. I will look over the problem.

Thank you and welcome back.

Rocoteh

dferrill,

That sounds very interesting.
A report on Japan (where you control US) with increased aggression level would be of great worth.

Rocoteh
Ok I will start a game with the US today with the Japan aggression level increased and give you a report.In my regular game playing Japan the US attacked Osaka on the Japanese mainland with 2 transports on the same turn with 12 infantry units and razed the city. I was in shock. For some reason The US AI is very aggressive toward Japan I will give my normal Japan update on what all happened that turn.Was the most action from the AI since ive been playing. All versions included.:crazyeye:

Ok I will start a game with the US today with the Japan aggression level increased and give you a report.In my regular game playing Japan the US attacked Osaka on the Japanese mainland with 2 transports on the same turn with 12 infantry units and razed the city. I was in shock. For some reason The US AI is very aggressive toward Japan I will give my normal Japan update on what all happened that turn.Was the most action from the AI since ive been playing. All versions included.:crazyeye:

dferrill,

Really looking forward to read your reports.

Rocoteh

Someone please E mail me these so I can finish my patch and play this thing.

Gato 1939DD Do-17 Nevada S35 Flak88 Skua Re-2000 M-36Jackson Romania Hungary
M-24Chaffee He-177 Mig3 CVE PrinzEugen Hood Gneisenau Lutzow Ki-84 He-219 Otsu Lancaster[The Lancaster I have is not that good.]

[NOTE I CAN NOT FIND THESE IN THE FORUM]

Ok, my first post here. Let's hope it works.

First of all, I want to say that I think WW2-Global is absolutely stunning. Many thanks to you Rocoteh (and all others involved) for creating this magnificient scenario!

Since September, I have tested the following combinations:
- 2.2 France Emperor
- 2.3 Germany Emperor
- 2.4 Japan Deity (ongoing)

Below is a report on the first game (2.2 France).

I tried to follow these tactics initially:
- Build a lot of workers and create mines everywhere as fast as possible
- Spend 0 on research and use all available resources to hurry production
- Use all of the Mediterranean fleet to quickly occupy Cagliari and then move as many troops as possible from Africa to the homeland (i.e. to the Belgian border)
- Build fortresses on every tile adjacent to Belgium
- Defend the Belgian border at all costs

Week 36-41 1939:
Fortresses established against Belgium. Germany occupies Holland and Belgium. The first German attacks on France are easily handled. France destroys more than half of the Italian fleet, in successful cooperation with the Royal Navy. Cagliari is taken as planned.

Week 42 1939 - week 10 1940:
Fierce continuous battles between France and Germany for control over Belgian border area and Namur. My artillery tactics is efficient but still, the French forces are slowly being ground down. German divisions consists mainly of Panzer IIIe now, and they are attacking in large numbers. How long will France be able to hold out? Reinforcements are sent from Africa but things are looking bad.

On the positive side is that we have achieved complete domination in the Med, and destroyed an Italian fortress which opens the possibility for an attack later.

During week 5 Britain apparently decides to heed our desperate call for help, by landing one (1) lousy tank division outside Antwerp. Sadly, it is immediately destroyed.

Week 11 1940:
Saved by the bell! Japan attacks Soviet, which forces Germany to reinforce the eastern front. Also, for some reason Germany spends some 10 Pz IIIe divisions in a futile attack on a French elite fortress. These events seem to change the balance of power and from now on the French will be on the offensive.

Week 12-19 1940:
Defenses against Germany are holding steady now. Thus, the long-awaited attack on Italy can be launched. Torino and Milan are captured quite easily. Railroad is established between all French cities. Meanwhile, apparently there is a stale-mate in the German-Soviet war since no cities are taken on either side.

Week 20-42 1940:
Italian campaign continues. Bologna, Venice, Rimini are easily taken. Rome is captured week 26. Finally, Palermo falls week 34.

Germany makes peace with Soviet and begin attacking France again but by now our forces are large enough to counter this without problems. An offensive against Germany is launched week 24. 3 cities are captured. Brussels is "liberated" week 41. Britain actually manages to take Amsterdam from the Germans.

Then, suddenly, Britain declares war on Soviet! Not according to plan. Large quantities of Soviet tank divisions immediately comes through Germany and attack my forces. Luckily, Soviet does not seem to have the T-34 yet, which makes it quite easy for the French units to defend against the unwelcome assault.

Week 43 1940 - week 16 1941:
The French offensive is slowed down by the Soviet units. But still, it is only a matter of time now. We negotiate a peace treaty with Soviet as quickly as possible and then continue the offensive. Finally Berlin is taken week 16, 1941. And that's where I left the game. It is a long way to Tokyo...

All in all, the game was very very exciting until Germany was forced to cope with a two-front war. After that it soon became quite clear that France would prevail.

Im Playing US week 36 1939 building workers in all cities but 2. I send 75% of my Pacific Fleet to Honululu to quell threats in the pacific and reinforce Guam, Manilla and Davao if neccessary. no action from Japan that i can see this week other then moving most of there fleet south and a handfull of destroyers toward Honululu.week 37 1939no action from Japan other then continued movement south with there naval fleet and infantry skirmishes between Japan China and communist China near Yenan.week 38 1939 The first wave of my fleet arrived in Honululu 11 1939 destroyers and 9 ww1 destroyers the rest of my fleet should reach Honululu in 2 weeks.Japanese subs sink 2 Chinese destroyers southeast of Davao no loses for them.meanwhile about 6 destroyers arrive in Guam this week about a dozen more destroyers should arrive in Davao and Manilla within 2 weeks.starting production of infantry divisions and marines and flak artillery units to reinforce US held islands before i begin a assualt on Japan.update later.

Soviet Russia Demigod v. 2.4

Reminder - week 23 1941 I took Persia and sued for peace.

I built up forces to simultaneously attack Finland and German European allies along with Communist China. Before I launched my attacks, Yugolavia declared war against me in week 28! Not sure what brought this on. Week 29 they declared war on France. Seems a little suicidal and it was. Week 32 I finished conquering Yugoslavia but had to now rebuild a few forces so delayed attack for two weeks. Launched attack in week 34 against Communist Chinese, Finland and Sofia. Communist China taken in week 37.
German counter attack was not hard to handle. Luftwaffe shot down much of my airforce but we had enough tanks to trade two/three for one. Finns were tough but we took them slowly. With the Yugoslav location as a launching point we had to take out Tirana which was easy. Battles focused around Zagreb but we held out own easily against Hungarian infantry, German panzers and Italian marines and cavalry.

I took the Japanese held city of Su-Chou but stopped my forces there to keep the Japanese strong to keep the American busy. Eventually I ground down each of the East European cities (ex Poland) and took the last Finn city in week 50 1941. These were my goals for the war which essentially took 18 weeks plus five for staging forces. The Germans are not a problem so again it is decision time.

In the Pacific the Japanese are doing well. They actually retook Saipan althought not Guam. Taipei is under their control although at pop 1. Hirsoshima is pop 12 which is pretty good given American tendency to go for that city.

On the other hand the British have retaken HongKong and also Hanoi. The British also took Corsica (presumably from the Germans) and they actually attacked and held Rimini for a while but the Germans took it. Spain lost Zaragoza to the Germans.

My conclusion is that we need to bloody the British a little more to reduce pressure on the Japanese. In the end we will have to meet the Americans but we need to help out the Japanese before we finish off the Germans.

Rocoteh – after I finish this game I will try one as Soviets with the Germans at a higher aggression level – one level up or should I push it higher? Unfortunately that will be a while as RL calls me.

Badkarma has sent me the files I need.
Thank you VERY much Badkarma.
I will DL the files later and start work on my patch.
BTW are there any terrain or leader heads I need to find?

MrErik,

"Ok, my first post here. Let's hope it works"
MrErik

Welcome to CFC!

"First of all, I want to say that I think WW2-Global is absolutely stunning. Many thanks to you Rocoteh (and all others involved) for creating this magnificient scenario!"
MrErik

Thank you.

"Since September, I have tested the following combinations:
- 2.2 France Emperor
- 2.3 Germany Emperor
- 2.4 Japan Deity (ongoing)

Below is a report on the first game (2.2 France).

I tried to follow these tactics initially:
- Build a lot of workers and create mines everywhere as fast as possible
- Spend 0 on research and use all available resources to hurry production
- Use all of the Mediterranean fleet to quickly occupy Cagliari and then move as many troops as possible from Africa to the homeland (i.e. to the Belgian border)
- Build fortresses on every tile adjacent to Belgium
- Defend the Belgian border at all costs"
MrErik

Sounds like a good strategy.

"Week 36-41 1939:
Fortresses established against Belgium. Germany occupies Holland and Belgium. The first German attacks on France are easily handled. France destroys more than half of the Italian fleet, in successful cooperation with the Royal Navy. Cagliari is taken as planned."
MrErik

That is very good. It should be important for France to inflict
severe losses on the Italian navy early in the scenario.

"Week 42 1939 - week 10 1940:
Fierce continuous battles between France and Germany for control over Belgian border area and Namur. My artillery tactics is efficient but still, the French forces are slowly being ground down. German divisions consists mainly of Panzer IIIe now, and they are attacking in large numbers. How long will France be able to hold out? Reinforcements are sent from Africa but things are looking bad.

On the positive side is that we have achieved complete domination in the Med, and destroyed an Italian fortress which opens the possibility for an attack later.

During week 5 Britain apparently decides to heed our desperate call for help, by landing one (1) lousy tank division outside Antwerp. Sadly, it is immediately destroyed.!
MrErik

1 division! Britain-AI seldom do much in Europe.

"Week 11 1940:
Saved by the bell! Japan attacks Soviet, which forces Germany to reinforce the eastern front. Also, for some reason Germany spends some 10 Pz IIIe divisions in a futile attack on a French elite fortress. These events seem to change the balance of power and from now on the French will be on the offensive.

Week 12-19 1940:
Defenses against Germany are holding steady now. Thus, the long-awaited attack on Italy can be launched. Torino and Milan are captured quite easily. Railroad is established between all French cities. Meanwhile, apparently there is a stale-mate in the German-Soviet war since no cities are taken on either side.

Week 20-42 1940:
Italian campaign continues. Bologna, Venice, Rimini are easily taken. Rome is captured week 26. Finally, Palermo falls week 34."
MrErik

The Japanese attack on Soviet should mean a turning point.
Your positions are strong now.

"Germany makes peace with Soviet and begin attacking France again but by now our forces are large enough to counter this without problems. An offensive against Germany is launched week 24. 3 cities are captured. Brussels is "liberated" week 41. Britain actually manages to take Amsterdam from the Germans."
MrErik

That is a surprise!

"Then, suddenly, Britain declares war on Soviet! Not according to plan. Large quantities of Soviet tank divisions immediately comes through Germany and attack my forces. Luckily, Soviet does not seem to have the T-34 yet, which makes it quite easy for the French units to defend against the unwelcome assault."
MrErik

Very strange move from AI!

"Week 43 1940 - week 16 1941:
The French offensive is slowed down by the Soviet units. But still, it is only a matter of time now. We negotiate a peace treaty with Soviet as quickly as possible and then continue the offensive. Finally Berlin is taken week 16, 1941. And that's where I left the game. It is a long way to Tokyo...

All in all, the game was very very exciting until Germany was forced to cope with a two-front war. After that it soon became quite clear that France would prevail."
MrErik

A very interesting playtest.
I will probably make a Special-AI version for Britain or France controlled
by human versus Germany-AI.

Thank you for the report and welcome back.

Rocoteh

Badkarma has sent me the files I need.
Thank you VERY much Badkarma.
I will DL the files later and start work on my patch.
BTW are there any terrain or leader heads I need to find?

Robert01,

That is good to hear.

WW2-Global use standard terrain and leaderheads.

Rocoteh

Top Bottom