WWII tanks with animated crew

rhodie

Bwana M'Kubwa
When I created a new version of my WWII scenario 'Defeat Into Victory 2' for PTW and C3C, I also created several unique units - the landbased units have animated crew. As this scenario takes place in SE Asia (India, Burma, Malaya, Siam), these units are Japanese, British, American and Chinese.

There are 6 Japanese tanks, 1 Japanese tank sea transport, 2 Japanese aircraft, 1 Japanese submarine, 5 British tanks, 1 American tank, 1 Chinese tank, 1 Bren Gun carrier and a Jungle Pillbox.

Vickers Mk VI animation.gif
Vickers MkVI British light tank

All the units have a 'Read Me' installation guide, complete Civilopedia, PediaIcons, unit icons and sound files.

They can all be found to download by clicking the following link to Civilization Forum Downloads Database, Civ3 - Unit Graphics,
Modern Units

Or, by clicking the individual links below:

Jungle Pillbox

Type 97 Te-Ke Japanese tankette

Type 97 Chi-Ha Japanese tank

Type 95 Ha-Go Japanese tank

Type 94 Japanese tankette

Type 89B Japanese tank

Type 2 Ka-Mi Japanese amphibious tank

Type 2 Ka-Mi tank sea transport

I-400 Sen-Toku Japanese submarine

Aichi M6A Seiran Japanese attack bomber

Aichi M6A1 Kai Nanzan attack bomber

Chinese Tankette

Vickers MkVI British light tank

Crusader Cruiser British tank

Cruiser MkIV British tank

A11 Matilda I British Tank

Bren Gun Carrier

A9 MkI Cruiser British tank

M3 Stuart MkI American light tank

My new scenario contains these and many other units and can be downloaded as PTW or C3C by following the link to 'Defeat Into Victory 2'

Enjoy.
rhodie

Great stuff rhodie! These rare Japanese vehicles will go a long way for WW II moders! :goodjob:

EDIT: And by "rare" I mean units which haven't been covered by other unit makers.

I already said it in Ozymandias' thread, but the death anims are just kicking ! Great job on these, man :goodjob: I couldn't check them all but from what I've seen they match perfectly with Conquest units.

Many thanks again to everyone who has responded so positively. As I am not familiar with the inner workings of posting, it took me a while to work out how to add the links but I got there in the end.
I’d like to give a special thanks to the 'Storm Over Civ' administrators for hosting the scenario. For those of you who have a few hours to try 'Defeat Into victory 2', I'd appreciate any comments or improvement suggestions.

Thanks rhodie, I'm glad you put in a showing here too! About those other units...

About those other units...

Apart from the units already posted and a few from the original 'Defeat Into Victory', most of the other units in my scenario were created by other members and are in the download database. I have given some their correct names and renamed some to suit the conflict.
For those members interested in adding a different dimension to their game, I have started a new thread mentioning my 'Nature Units'.

Hello, One small problem I am having is when I create the Mk IV Cruiser in my game the game freezes but no error msg pops up. Is anyone else getting this problem? This is the only unit that causes this problem.

I have figured out the problem. The problem lies in the CruiserMkIV_Default.flc file. When I opened it using flickster it said that animation timing was off and that could cause a crash. Also the CrusierMkIV_Fortify.flc, CruiserMkIV_Attack.flc, CruiserMkIV_Death.flc, had the same error. It autofixed the file and now the unit runs perfectly in Civ III.

Hello, One small problem I am having is when I create the Mk IV Cruiser in my game the game freezes but no error msg pops up. Is anyone else getting this problem? This is the only unit that causes this problem.
All units were tested in-game but I'll reload that particular unit in my scenario and let you know.

Nice! The tanks look a bit outdated but the animated crews are brilliant. :)

Thank you Ares. I'm not sure what you mean by 'outdated'? All the tanks are scaled copies of the originals and although they may not be as finely modelled as those produced by more sophisticated modelling programmes, they are 1935-1945 issues. I guess that makes them are pretty dated.:)

I have figured out the problem. The problem lies in the CruiserMkIV_Default.flc file. When I opened it using flickster it said that animation timing was off and that could cause a crash. Also the CrusierMkIV_Fortify.flc, CruiserMkIV_Attack.flc, CruiserMkIV_Death.flc, had the same error. It autofixed the file and now the unit runs perfectly in Civ III.
Thank you very much Delta Strife for finding the problem.
I'm not sure how this happened but in the process of testing each unit last year, I may have changed the flc's in the test game but not the originals that I used recently to create the RAR. My apologises for that.:blush:

This tank was not used in my scenario and therefore this problem does not affect 'Defeat Into Victory 2'.

I have now amended the RAR and replaced the original Cruiser Mk IV RAR in the database.

For all the members who downloaded the original RAR, please open each flc in the Cruiser Mk IV folder with FlicSter. They should be corrected automatically and saved within the folder. That should stop any further errors but please let me know if you have any problems. Thanks.

Top Bottom