Xbox 360 vs. PlayStation 3. What should I ask for Christmas?

I didn't know that... in that case make it a zero for interesting Xbox360 exclusives.

I'd get a PS3, because one of my friends has it. I'll give you his username if you get a PS3, so you can play with him.

I have an Xbox. And it's great. Now the PS3 and the Xbox are the same for the most part, games look the same and all that jazz. That said the PS3 does fall short in more places then the Xbox, but the are all minor. The only place that the PS3 wins vs the Xbox is free on-line. For some this is a huge deal breaker, others don't mind paying $35/yr for Xbox live Gold and all it's extras. (tho if you buy it straight from MS, it's $50/yr).

While most games look the same on both systems, some few games are buggier on the PS3. And games like Skyrim, it's a major issue. If you even think you want to play Skyrim, don't even think about getting a PS3. It's been a buggy train wreck for the PS3. The PS3 Skyrim still doesn't have the same DLC that's been out for over 6 months on the Xbox because they just can't get it to work on the PS3. http://www.screwattack.com/news/bethesda-still-having-issues-bringing-skyrim-dlc-ps3

Also I think more people that play games online have an Xbox. But that could just be my local group of friends.

That said, I just got that $200 PS3 Infamous1/2 and Uncharted1/2 bundle (it should show up on my door step tomorrow). So I have a lot of gaming to do.

If you spend 2k on a gaming PC, you suck at shopping.

You show me a computer, screen/mouse/keyboard included, that will play AAA Titles on max setting for €200.
Perhaps I was exaggerating, but a PC is going to be at least €800 for anything decent. That is four times the expense.

Regardless, this is mute. My gf is spending too much on me even getting a console, I am not asking for a PC!

Wow so many elitist PC-ers in here.

I have a PS3, never play it...
Basically, Civ4 takes up all the time that I can dedicate to any gaming, because I'm completely obsessed with it. So, I'm not a PC snob, so to speak... but a one trick pony.

Yes, there is 1.8k of distance between 200 and 2k... explore that.

Have to agree here. If you cycle games with any frequency there are so many good free to play ones out for PC as well. That will make up a bunch of money notime, unless you really really want to play the big console releases at 50-60 USbucks a pop.

You show me a computer, screen/mouse/keyboard included, that will play AAA Titles on max setting for €200.
Perhaps I was exaggerating, but a PC is going to be at least €800 for anything decent. That is four times the expense.

Regardless, this is mute. My gf is spending too much on me even getting a console, I am not asking for a PC!

Parts for a good computer at €385

Alternatively, get a Wii.

Any exclusive titles you want should probably be the first consideration. If there aren't any, or if it's a draw, and you plan to keep the console (and keep using it) for a 2+ years, the free online content of the PS3 might tip the balance in its favor. If you plan to play online, that is.

I don't personally own either, but if I got one, I'd get an XBox, because that's what my friends have and I don't know of any PS3-only titles that I'd like to play.

But the online cost of an XBox, if you got it in 2005 when it came out, would be something like $280 by now. So it does add up over time.

Just a guess, but it might have something to do with the platform that the Civ series is released on. :shrug:

But it's a gift. IRL PCs are pretty anti-social (for the most part) vs a console. It seems people are missing the point DA is going for.

Dunno, a lot of time I spend on my PC is gaming with friends.

Top Bottom