*Yawn* 40 Turns left...sleep is for the weak!

vra379971

Deity
This is my second really Civ 4 Game (Won a easy Diplo victory on the one before Noble (Contenents map) though I could have had any I wanted quite frankly) and I started playing a Noble level game, on the game speed before normal and after epic...

Anyway, my Indian peoples were in nasty shape at the beginning..it loked rosy at the start...then, we looked around and...cold winters..no resources...uncultured hordes...

In 1300 or so, I thought I'd mod myself a Frigate solely to see how I was doing...The simple answer was not good. 10 of 12 actually, several hundred points (and techs behind most) the parade being lead by a sturdy Russian Czar who lived up to his nickname as the great.

Anyway...now it's 2010. IPod's are in, I'm now points leader, and Apollo Programs have become all the rage for nations. But, with 40 turns left and my spies about, the only nation who had a relistic chance of winning it that way JUST finsihed Apollo and has...39 turns to build it:) So...it aint happening.

Right now, my 800gp+ economy is paying for tanks to help the war effort, and I' mresearching Radio desperatrely to reach mass media OR at elast one tech away from it (I'm hoping to buy the UN and simply avoid a vote, OR sabotage where its being built.)

So, it wont be pretty, but If I can survive 40 turns, I'm headed for a points victory on Noble:king: Not bad for being dead last eh?

So...the questions...Anybody got any ideas on how to prevent the UN/Apollo from being built other than open warfare? I'd rather avoid war atm.

My population MAY be the heighest...if so, it's not by much. It's a Large world out there.

I'll post saves if anyone wants a massive challenge tomorrow:p I'd like to see how much better I could have done;)

War is always a good way to raise your score if you're so inclined. However, if you want to keep your boys at home, try bribing a friend or two into attacking whoever is building the UN or a bunch of spaceship bits. The AI will deprioritize the ship and build more military units, and you'll cruise into history.

Nukes always work.

Missle defense kinda ruins your day if "Nuke 'Em All" is your strategy, though if you know the location and you have enough missles then eventually ONE will get through. And one nuke will knock the production significantly back because of polluted tiles and a reduced population. At least it ought to be just enough.

It may make a diplomatic victory nearly impossible, but hey, at least you won by default!

You have a screenshot of the end-game configuration?

zalasur said:
Missle defense kinda ruins your day if "Nuke 'Em All" is your strategy, though if you know the location and you have enough missles then eventually ONE will get through. And one nuke will knock the production significantly back because of polluted tiles and a reduced population. At least it ought to be just enough.

It may make a diplomatic victory nearly impossible, but hey, at least you won by default!

You have a screenshot of the end-game configuration?

What do you mean?

Anyway, I'll post up the original 4000 B.C.E. Save and the one where I was 10/12 if anyone wants a go.

BTW, I won the game with a Time Victory with a good 300 points over Peter the Great!:goodjob: I'll post the spoiler of what I did in short form below.

Spoiler :
Essentially, as soon as I got galleons, I loaded them up with settlers and started looking for various areas around the globe I could use as military bases for an attack on both Peter and others who thretened my victory later on. I KNEW I'd stand no chance winning in military might alone seeing as I had no time or equipmnet for any major slogs. Anyway, after I brought my economy under check and my sci rate back from 0% around 1300 A.D. I focoused on climbing and became a world leader before long...300 years later I sat in anywhere between 2 or 4th depending on the turn. Then..I got Airpors...using China as an ally, one of those runners up I mentioned, we crushed the tech leader, him with overwhelming military forces, me with a skeleton force and alot of good strategy. After that, I repositioned myself for an assault on my good pals in Russia. Using my military bases near Russia I struck hard, taking Moscow, and five other cities, using a skeleton force, and good scouting. I even got the Holy City of Islam and a GW out of the deal. After that, it was just keep points higher than Peter and use Spies to delay Space Race in China..I think I won by under 10 moves because Chiana was about to launch.:D

Here are the flies as promised - Sadly, I only seem to have the very start, and very end. (and a few 1800 ones). However, you'll have to live with just the very start, I can't upload the end. It's apprently too much.

Attachments

• Civ4.ZIP
    106 KB · Views: 84
Top Bottom