• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

You without English as mother tongue, what kind of English do you try to speak?

What kind of English do you usually try to speak?

• American English

Votes: 50 36.0%
  • British English

Votes: 39 28.1%
  • Australian English

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Scottish

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Irish

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Indian English

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • South African English

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • It always depends

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Other

Votes: 14 10.1%
  • I dont speak English

Votes: 9 6.5%

• Total voters
Trying the American one, but once an english teacher intern asked me if I'm French by origin or lived in France for some time. When I asked why, she said that I have a strong french accent. :crazyeye:
I've never been in France and don't know a word of French. :lol:

rabble rabble rabble Scottish and Irish are not English rabble rabble rabble

I mix up English and American accents (such as, I say pants when I mean underwear but I also say cell phones instead of mobile phones). I have a bit of a Brazilian accent, especially after I go there for a month most years (as I'm Brazilian).

Lol Australian English but i have Dyslexia so it sound more like British

Probably that's how most people would desc... wait, how do you know? :shifty:

I know plenty of Asians who speak English and it is very distinct from any other type of accent.

Mostly American, given where I live, although I prefer the British spellings for some words and sometimes slip into one of my pseudo-British accents. This confuses the hell out of my family, although my friends are more or less used to it.

The thread addresses people with english not as a mother tongue - REPORTED FOR SPAM

Anyway, i speak normal english. Or english without an accent. Same goes for romanian, i'm from one of the very few parts of the country that speaks it without an accent. :crazyeye:

The thread addresses people with english not as a mother tongue - REPORTED FOR SPAM

Anyway, i speak normal english. Or english without an accent. Same goes for romanian, i'm from one of the very few parts of the country that speaks it without an accent. :crazyeye:

:rolleyes: That makes no sense.

While the British and Americans are arguing on which of their languages that is the best, what kind of English comes natural for you without English as mother tongue?

I was supposed to learn British English at school, but the infuence from TV and music made me speak more like American English.

poll coming

My dad learned British English while growing up in communist Poland - and so he taught me a bit of that when I was growing up there. When we moved to West Germany, I was taught a bit more English of the British variety in grades 5 and 6 of German school.

Fast forward to Canada - where Canadian English is spoken, the purest of the dialects. That's what I speak, interspersed with some Polish/Polglish words when conversing with fellow Poles. You didn't have it on your poll, so I didn't vote.

Rhodesian colonialist English!

Top Bottom