Your 5 Favorite Games That Are Not Civilization

1.Heroes of Might and Magic III(including 'Horn of The Abyss' and 'In the Wake of Gods' unofficial patches).
2.Panzer General II
3.Heroes of Might and Magic II
4.Panzer Commander
5.Age of Wonders I

My favs are:

Hearts of Iron 4 (Kaiserreich mod)
Tropico 4
Silent Hunter 4

Forgot C6 already.

In no particular order:

1. Command & Conquer titles - I remember spending hours and hours on the first installation way back in the 90's :goodjob:

2. Diablo series - probably spent the most hours on II back on its prime, but I've played III a lot since its release, too

3. Tropico 4+5 - really enjoyed these, excellent sense of humor! Pretty casual gameplay though, so not very challenging. Some of my most played titles these past few years.

4. Civilization V - yes, I know, shame on me! Really, though, it's still a pretty good game, just not nearly as good as IV.

5. Heroes of Might and Magic 2+3 - lots of fond memories playing these over the years.

5. Civilization 5
Dun dun duuuuuuuun! Now before you get out the torches and pitchforks let me add the caveat that I only play it with the Community Balance Patch mod, which really makes an entirely new game of it and adds many features from Civ4 as well as original ideas while fixing 90% of what's wrong with unmodded Civ5. I can only highly recommend everybody who was disappointed with 5 to try it out. You won't regret it!

That's interesting. I'll be sure to check it out!

My favs in order:
1. Myst 2 Riven (best EXPERIENCE)
2. Myst 3 Exile, (most BEAUTIFUL, best music) I like these myst games because they reward you with beauty and not dopamine (like most other games) so they are not addicting in a destructive way
3. Skyrim (beautiful, very nice MUSIC and ATMOSPHERE best part of game, immersive). It is a booring game but its impossible to not come back just to see the auras)
4. Cod modern warfare 2 (most FUN if playing with friends) best maps of all fps games
5. World of tanks (I like ww2 history and tanks and killing tanks with tanks or tank destroyers is extremely addicting) this is the kind of game that forces you to play it full-time

Its hard to compare civ 4 to these games but its the best strategy game I know and the most rewarding when you succeed. Its insane how simple it is to play but also how complicated your strategy can be. Its a game were you really build up your skills by reading articles and there is so much you can do to improve. Its the sweetspot between the too simple civ 5 and the too sandbox civ 3. It might be the best game ever. You already knew all i just said.

1. MOO2.
2. Empire Earth - Art of Conquest.
3. StarCraft - Broodwar.
4. DDO.
5. Age of Empires. I haven't played it in years so I can't remember if it was 1,2, or 3 that I liked. Probably 1.
Gal Civ 3 and Civ6 looked good too the last time I watched videos. Though I haven't tried either yet.

CS:GO

This and previous CS versions have tenfold more depth in terms of skill and strategical as well as tactical possibilities than any other shooter I have ever seen.

Actually, for me, there are just 5 categories, in no particular order :)

1. football: FIFA + Football Manager combo
2. trucks or cars: Eurotruck Simulator (preferably) of Need for Speed
3. more sports: VirtuaTennis + Virtual Pool 3
4. more strategy games: Simcity or CitiesXL
5. "kill'em all" adrenalin games: Serious Sam or Unreal Tournament

That way, I can have sports, shooter and strategy / building games ready for the "mood" I'm in.

5. SimCity (3000 was best IMO)

4. Minecraft (still pretty good despite the now overhype)

3. FTL: Faster than Light (if you think civ has too much rng...)

2. Team Fortress 2 (before Valve gutted it)

1. Touhou (not for gameplay, but for its community, worldbuilding, art/music, etc.)

5. SimCity (3000 was best IMO)

True that. You should give CitiesXL a chance too - I never regretted it, even though I'm a fan of SimCity series.

A little off topic: by the way, isn't it ...erm ... "funny" (read: ironic) how for all these games (e.g. Civ, SimCity, FIFA, and probably others as well) the "old" versions are so much better than the "new" ones? Sort of like a trend or something...:)

Top Bottom