Your favorite tile (when starting a new game)

It's..

• River Corn

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • River Gems (grassland)

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • Stone Plains Hill (3h city tile)

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • Marble Plains Hill

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Ivory

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Something different

Votes: 5 10.2%

• Total voters

Fippy

Mycro Junkie
Tile that you like seeing most when a new map pops up :)

Ugh posted too early, by just pressing enter :-/

Okay fixed.

I did not include other food options cos river corn is best imo (for Pigs you would need AH), or gold cos 2f gems are easier to work.

PH river gold is pretty sweet too, and more common than gems in my experience.

Stone Plains Hill - it surely isn't the strongest of the tiles but I often play as Louis, and I have that strange urge to build the Pyramids super-fast and have my beakers produce Great People as well! Super-strong!

Fortunately, I can resist that urge often enough to actually win some games every now and then.

Flood Plains Corn

;)

This could almost be 2 polls. One for favorite tile in general and one for best tile to settle on. For the latter, riverside plains hill wine is kinda nice too..although u can't really beat the 3H tiles of marble/stone.

Last edited:
Stone PH, because of faster workers and spawnbusters.

Favourite as in "best"/greatest chance of victory --> probably ivory. With ivory in the BFC you'll always have a good time even on otherwise difficult deity maps. Stronger than the strongest of UUs.

Favourite as in most fun --> probably riverside gems. The extra commerce allows for some wonky openings and unusual tech choices.

And this new forum appearance is absolutely hideous. Even broke my avatar.

The dream is to settle on a marble or stone plains hill alongside a river or have fresh water. Depends on the leader, but i guess i prefer marble over stone :)

The early extra hammers early really helps. The super fast worker the + 2 hammers all game long. I love that fast start, and usually take it and maybe move my capitol later.. I think its really powerfull

Another fav. tile I like to see in my BFH is forest dear, 3f 1h. That combined with a PH settle gives a super fast start aswell :)

Yup, forested deer is also one of my favorites.
Not for being especially strong (compared to other stuff, but really nice for sure with the faster worker and hammers), but along with furs, silver it feels like something different (and makes hunting good as starting tech).

Can be divided in most powerful & most fun for you, nod.
Also good mention of PH river wine.
As Rusten wrote you can always do something with Jumbos.

Last edited:
I'm a sucker for cows. Probably some miasma left over from Civ 3 that I never managed to get rid of. :)

And this new forum appearance is absolutely hideous. Even broke my avatar.

Ha..I'd already commented on this over in Site Feedback..right now the forum is an eyesore. Too much going on. I changed back to my old avatar as the new forum made the other one even more hideous than it already was..lol

apparently, it is still a work in progress

Oasis & Cows..?
Nps, a special combo used in one of my maps
Spoiler :

Attachments

• oasiscow.jpg
    oasiscow.jpg
    787.4 KB · Views: 644
lol..i hated that tile. I actually tried to improve the cows..ha

I have a bit of a soft spot for an oasis in the starting BFC if I'm a financial leader. Not great long-term but there's something about getting 6 yield for the first 20 turns or so....

;)

This could almost be 2 polls. One for favorite tile in general and one for best tile to settle on. For the later, riverside plains hill wine is kinda nice too..although u can't really beat the 3H tiles of marble/stone.

Damn shame no riverside marble plain hills :( . Be great for a financial leader. I went with marble for the extra commerce but I wouldn't pass up a ph stone spot. Though I'm fine with just a riverside ph if there is plenty of green and fp around.

I always have the best starts with river corn. It lets me grow and start whipping out settlers as early as possible.

3H Stone/Marble + coast Fish (FIN leader) always give me big big fun because of very fast 2nd city :)

Top Bottom