Your Favourite Individual Unit

Evie94

Warlord
Not just a Keshik or CNK, but one with special qualities. Anybody have one they remember?

For instance, I once had a CNK which I had upgraded all the way from Scout, which also had Altitude Training from Kilimanjaro, so it had:

Ignore Terrain Cost
Attack Twice
Double Movement in Hills
+15% Strength in Hills
Accuracy II
Volley
Medic
Cover II

If only I managed to get Range in, he would have been the perfect Unit. He was killed in a siege, taking a Capital, I think it was Byzantium.
That guy could pretty much could take Cities by himself.

I absolutely love American Scouts, the amount of tiles they can see when they're on a single hill is just amazing.

Otherwise, Pathfinder is my favourite unit due to the fact that they pick the bonuses they pick.

Once, in my Hunnic campaign I had a few Horse Archers and all of them had;

Accuracy I
Accuracy II
Accuracy III
Logistics
Range
March

they were like Keshiks, I took many cities with them, of course, whit help of Battering Rams.

I just had an Indonesia game where I got a Kris swordsman with the invulnerability promotion. I got him march and the cover promotions and he was a total juggernaut so that's what I renamed him.

Same game I got the recruitment promotion on a different one which is basically the janissary promotion and I got him march and medic II. He took more damage but could do the "vampire heal" so had pretty good survivability and complimented my Juggernaut pretty well. It's so nice to be able to continue attacking when other units would have to stop and heal.

On a side note I was a little irritated about the recruitment promotion. The text says "Heals all damage if kills a non-barbarian unit" but it is only 50 points like the janissary promotion. Still a pretty good promotion but the text kind of lies.

I absolutely love American Scouts, the amount of tiles they can see when they're on a single hill is just amazing.

Speaking of which, do the Surveillance promotions stack with the American UA? I don't think I've ever tried because I usually take the Survival line of promotions with my Scouts.

Speaking of which, do the Surveillance promotions stack with the American UA? I don't think I've ever tried because I usually take the Survival line of promotions with my Scouts.

I don't think so, all American units get that first promotion that gives them +1, however, this means that American scouts can get the Survelliance II instead of the first one.

I don't think so, all American units get that first promotion that gives them +1, however, this means that American scouts can get the Survelliance II instead of the first one.

Off-topic, but does anyone ever get the 3rd level of promotions for scouts? I have roughly 1000 hours under my belt and never have.

Off-topic, but does anyone ever get the 3rd level of promotions for scouts? I have roughly 1000 hours under my belt and never have.

I do, but I also altered the Global Defines file so that the max barbarian XP is 99999. Some would consider that a cheat, but I like to get credit for what I kill, and I use self discipline to not exploit it by "farming" barb camps.

This has got to go to one of the scout-archers (or as I rename them, "3-13 archer") over the years. Unfortunately I never had one that I just went to town with, but I have ended up with a scout-machinegun with logistics and I think range, in one of the easier games.

Military Base + Brandenburg gate. Any unit gets 60 exp or more when built, however since at that point the only reason to have scouts is to watch over larges of foreign or unclaimed areas, another point of movement is actually useless. You just move the scout on a hill and fortify. 4 vision scouts making sure no one suddenly appears with a huge army at your doorstep are pretty rad either way.

As Poland, I once snagged Alhabrama, Brandenburg, got the Autocracy +15XP policy and the one for tanks, the usual buildings, Ducal Stables, and had Kilimanjaro closeby.
Once my Cavalry upgraded to tanks, stuff got blown up.

The original infantry unit is neat especially against artilleries. Infantries are kind of my favorite along with the missile cruiser..

I did a 1 city challenge with the Iroquois. Tiny map, continents, marathon, and immortal. That means there are 2 land masses with 2 civs on each. I soon found Shaka as my land mass neighbor.

I had 1 mohawk warrior get all promotions. I mean all, he was level 15 and when he got a level all he could choose was the health. I called him kemo-fing-sabe and he had a sidekick spearman with medic 2 promotion. Yes I had been drinking a little and I shouted their names every time they killed something. They were an unstoppable team and ended up beating Shaka's impis by themselves when they came around. Funnest civ game I've ever had.

Similarly, I had an American machine gun which probably started as a comp bow reach level 15, all promos, and another one that was one step behind. I got them from over 150 turns of continuous war against the Mongols.

Similarly, I had an American machine gun which probably started as a comp bow reach level 15, all promos, and another one that was one step behind. I got them from over 150 turns of continuous war against the Mongols.

Did you give him a name? A killing machine like that should have a name.

Every game that I reach XCOM squads, I make a platoon of 6 of them. I give them all medic promotions and have them all near each other on some far away part of my empire "training in isolation".

Whenever I want to take a city I send in the 'Air support' (1-10 stealth bombers) to level the city and then my XCOMs drop in to clean up everything else. After I take the city they all fly back to 'HQ' to heal up and prepare for the next mission. I cry every time one of them dies :'(

Top Bottom