Your first strategy game

civ1, dune2 and pirates! were teh first ones

all by far my favotire games of all times..

my kids will probly be playing quake 36 (oh that's a lot of spikes though that little Q hehe) in some veriual world holodeck while me.. sitting on some old dusty 486 playing civ1, dune2 and pirates! heehehe

------------------
@
@@Nuclear Msl.
Perhaps it's time for a nice %STRING0

Hasn'y anyone played that legendary Amiga game "Empire" - Like civ, but only with military units? That was my first strategy game.

Hello, I am a new member.

My first strategy was Operation Market Garden in 1984 on a ZXSpectrum. Recreating the attempted allied invasion of Arnhem in 1943. And i STILL play it today on an emulator.

First computer game I was addicted to (that I remember) was Empire on the PC. Still play it occasionally.

First Sid Meyer game I played I think was Silent Service, really a great game.

Then I went on to Civ 1, and ruined the next few years of my life... Discovered Civ 2 and multiplayer, and now wish I had more time to squander on this. My 5 year old son is getting hooked, too, but he can't read much so he always wants me to handle the diplomacy.

I started in Chess at about age 8 (46 years ago) and Go a few years later. Still play both of these. Played a lot of Risk at one time.

Not that anybody asked, exactly.

Top Bottom