Your LVP(Least valuable player) awards in different sports

NFL: 8-5. Chad Johnson is 65th in Receiving yards this year. He has 540 receiving yards and 4 TDs. Above him are TIGHT ENDS

Visanthe Shiancoe (582 yards, 7 tds)
and
John Carlson (613 yards, 5 tds)

neither of whom have started 15 games this year. (14/9)

NHL: Sean Avery

any player who gets suspended for OFF-ICE actions is bad. getting suspended for stupidly running your mouth is worse. antagonizing top players on two teams AND making it so that the biggest stars on your team don't want you and the GM REGRETS signing you? that deserves a trophy. or a medal. it must be tough to do.

NBA: Greg Oden. as a buckeye's fan, it hurts to say this, but...

#1 draft pick wasted on him. misses a full YEAR. plays 13 minutes, doesn't score, and gets REINJURED. finally scores in his 2nd NBA game, only...16 months after the draft?

also, he has EIGHT ppg.

Greg Oden is on the list in his first full season. That's a bit early. Give him a year.

Chad has been playing better in the second half, he was stupid and didn't rehab his injury properly until the season was almost upon him. Oh, and he had Ryan Fitzpatrick throwing to him. The only thing Fitzpatrick is good at is looking better than Ken Dorsey.

You know, they always make a big deal about the MVP in basketball, football, baseball, and all the other sports but I think we should give attention to the LVP(least valuable player) in each league. This is a player who has gone beyond just plain suckage and has made extra efforts to deflate the team, destroy chemistry, and otherwise demoralizes teamates and fans.

I only follow the NBA closely so for the NBA, I will have to nominate Stephon Marbury for the LVP award in the NBA.

What do you guys think about the NFL, MLB, MLS, and hockey?

To some extent the player has to have some pretty all-pro skills or else his locker room antics won't be tolerated long enough to matter. To that end, I think Terrell Owens is a good candidate.

Dan Marino, 1986+

And Brett Favre, 2005+

To some extent the player has to have some pretty all-pro skills or else his locker room antics won't be tolerated long enough to matter. To that end, I think Terrell Owens is a good candidate.

Favre is doing pretty damn good this year.

As I said above, it's not so much about skills, but the front-office/fan chaos he caused in Green Bay with his pseudo-retirement(s) and his inducing the Jets to get rid of Pennington in favor of a QB that couldn't quite take them to the playoffs in 2008 and won't be around in 2009.

As I said above, it's not so much about skills, but the front-office/fan chaos he caused in Green Bay with his pseudo-retirement(s) and his inducing the Jets to get rid of Pennington in favor of a QB that couldn't quite take them to the playoffs in 2008 and won't be around in 2009.

I think it was all about taking a shot at it this year. Pennington isn't a great QB, which is why I think he works so well in Parcell/Sperano's lineup. He doesn't turn the ball over and he's healthy. If I were a Jet's fan then I'd take this year, whether it be 9-7 or 10-6 (w/ or w/o playoffs), and be pretty dang happy about it.

you think their offense is not capable of enabling a quarterback to have more than a qb rating of 85 and 21 TD/19 INT after 15 games?

4-12 Last year was not very clutch.

Pennington only played in 9 games last year and was battling the injuries when he was playing. Kellen Clemens was awful.

Pennington has outplayed Favre this year and so has Aaron Rodgers. End of story.

Pennington only played in 9 games last year and was battling the injuries when he was playing. Kellen Clemens was awful.

Pennington has outplayed Favre this year and so has Aaron Rodgers. End of story.

Too bad it isn't as simple as "End of story", but since I don't hate you and will receive no joy for making you angry, I'll say I respectfully disagree. Merry Christmas brother.

NHL: Sean Avery
NFL: Sean Avery
MLB: Sean Avery
NBA: Dennis Pitta

...wait, wut?

American college football: Ryan Perrilloux. He was supposed to be the starting QB for LSU, but he was a constant discipline problem and Les Miles ended up having to throw him off the team. Which forced LSU to rely on a redshirt freshman who threw almost as many TD passes for the opponents as he did for the Tigers...then he got hurt and we had to go with a true freshman. Inexperience at quarterback singlehandedly lost the Alabama game for us and was a major factor in the Georgia and Arkansas losses.

FU, Perrilloux.

^^^

I'll have the third the Al Davis for the NFL. But, a close second (at least for the Rams) would be offensive lineman Ritchie Incognito. He's not incognito, has the worst mouth in football, and offensive is a good description for him. The should change his name to the original mr. stupid penality

If he's not cut at the end of the season, then I'll just stop watching the Rams, period.

Don't worry. I'm sure Al would love to sign him and put him on the Raider O-line next to Legendary Bust Robert Gallery and Kwame "Three False Starts In One Offensive Possession" Harris.

Oh well, at least they're solid at Kicker and Punter... :sad:

Top Bottom