Added by
smvalentine
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Caption

I circled the original capitals in red, cities that changed hands in the color of their original founder. (Several Nubia and Hungary cities changed hands and returned to their original owners.)
I drew in the continents. (It would be nice if the game could generate a mini-map like this!)
Note Avalonia wraps around East-West in this screenshot.

I started the game thinking I was going to go for domination with Alexander, but in the end I won a Diplomatic Victory, then continued to meet the Science Victory conditions as well.
The AI wasn't particularly aggressive. I almost declared on Japan before discovering how much unclaimed land there was nearby.
The two small continents were empty at the start of the game, save for one City-State each.
Scotland got an early Science lead and I decided to expand and build campuses to get ahead of them, then just kept building.
I managed to settle all of Nuna and half of Kernorland, and thus sell all the luxuries unique to these continents (save for one) on Kernorland.
(I had direct access to all but one Luxury in the game on land as well as one of the ones granted by a Great Merchant.)
I played peacefully the whole game, aside from some offensive espionage operations and some battles with free cities.
My SE cities revolted from Japan and came to me via Loyalty. (A couple of them went to Inca then fell to me.) I also captured two free cities to my West with a GDR in the final turns of the game.

I was Suzerain of 10 out of 12 City-States for much of the game. Two of the AI sent a pile of Envoys to Auckland 2/3 through the game (knocking me down to 9/12) and near the end Inca captured it.

There is so much more land on a Lakes map than a standard Pangaea or Continents map! It is a great sandbox for the builders among us.
If you want more of a challenge, I'd add at least 2 civs at the start.

Share this media

Top Bottom