Resource icon

Chapter 2: Dynamic modifiers, effects, collections and arguments 2017-01-13

This is the second chapter of my guide on modifiers, explaining the underlying anatomy of the modifiers system including dynamic modifiers (modifier types), effects and collections.

Moderator Action: link to compromised site removed, see the "discussion" tab for the content

I apologise for how long it's taken to get this second chapter out. I've been very busy working on other civ-related things, such as my map script which is still a work-in-progress.

* * *​

In this chapter, you will learn how to define your own dynamic modifiers, which will allow for a very high degree of versatility in your modding. We will once again be creating a basic ‘balance patch’ as an example for you to follow along with, that will make the following changes:
  1. Founding Fathers (America’s special ability) increases the rate of border expansion by 20% in all cities.
  2. Mimar Sinan’s (Great Engineer) ability instantly grants +4 Population.
By the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
  • Create and implement your own dynamic modifiers.
  • Understand what collections and effects are and how they are used by dynamic modifiers.
  • Understand how collections and effects relate to each other and to the concept of ‘subjects’.
  • Appreciate why creating your own dynamic modifiers is often necessary.
  • Determine what modifier arguments are valid for a modifier.
Author
NycholusV
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

More resources from NycholusV

Top Bottom