Resource icon

Dynamic Diplomacy 1.5

Apologies for the delay in implementing Tolerant's Russian language translation. This update integrates the translation as well as updating the mod for rise and fall.
Tolerant reported an issue with the localization attempt, it's currently causing an issue when launching the mod. I'll work on creating an alternative version per his recommendation, in the meantime I figured it would be best to partially rollback some of the localization changes. Feedback is always welcome!
This update adds Russian language localization (thanks go to Tolerant!).

There are other updates, such as bonuses for Alexander (+1 great general points per encampment), and Cyrus (+2 palace culture, +1 great writer point per campus).

Another update is that you can now request that AI's don't settle near you at any time. I'm still not sure whether or not they will actually stop settling nearby when they apologize, but I think it feels good to be able to at least try to tell them to stop!

Finally I also changed the "Resident Embassy" bonus to 2 from 5, I think 5 may have been too much. Feedback is always welcome! :)

Hope you enjoy the updates, more to come!
Dynamic Diplomacy is now available on Steam!

This version can be installed manually, but the Jadwiga and Australia DLCs have to be installed through Steam at the moment. I'm planning on consolidating everything into one mod again.

Thank you all for your support! I'm committed to releasing updates in both places once I get the consolidation done.
This update caps gift-giving at +5 maximum effect, but makes it so that gifts have a better cost to benefit ratio than the past update (so less gold for the same effect). It also adds what will hopefully be a great new feature, friendship benefits. I'd like to say a special thanks to [to_xp]Gekko, Sun Ce of Wu and View619 for their feedback and suggestions.

Here are the list of benefits that you can now get by befriending the leaders:

Barbarossa
  • Industrial zones gain +1 Production
Catherine
  • Monuments gain +2 Culture
Cleopatra
  • Granaries gain +1 Food
Gandhi
  • Holy sites gain +2 Food
Gilgamesh
  • Palace gains +2 Science and Culture
Gorgo
  • Encampments gain +2 Culture
Harald
  • Harbors gain +2 Gold
Hojo
  • Encampments gain +2 Faith
Mvemba a Nzinga
  • Markets gain +2 Food
Pedro
  • Theaters produce +1 Great Musician points
Pericles
  • Palace gains +8 Culture
Peter
  • Commercial hubs gain +1 Science
Philip
  • Holy sites gain +2 Faith
Qin
  • Walls gain +2 Culture
Saladin
  • Campuses gain +2 Faith
Tomyris
  • Stables gain +4 Culture
Trajan
  • Cities gain +1 Housing
Teddy
  • Campuses gain +1 Science and Gold
Victoria
  • Harbors gain +1 Gold and Production
Jadwiga
  • Palace provides +8 faith
I had earlier tried to implement an automatic compatibility fix, but unfortunately I noticed it caused an issue with the new historical agenda replacements. So for now, in order to use the mod when the Poland DLC isn't active, users will have to delete the "dlcChanges.sql" file.

I'll try again to get the automatic fix to work.

Progress has also been made on the friend bonuses, I think it's well on track for a release tomorrow. Thanks!
This update fixes the issue with the mod not loading when the Poland DLC is inactive. It also nerfs the value of gifts, in preparation for the upcoming update providing friendship and alliance benefits. I've had to delay that update until tomorrow as I sadly haven't been able to extensively test the changes. Suggestions are welcome!
I had previously kept the unfriendly stance parameters unchanged from the defaults as I thought they would work well. I've decided to change that since it seems like they're changing to unfriendly for no logical reason. This fix should make it so that the AI only becomes unfriendly when it's relationship metrics are indeed negative (the default had it set so that they were allowed to become unfriendly even if the metrics were positive).
Fixed an issue with AI's becoming friendly but not offering declarations of friendship often enough.
Top Bottom