Resource icon

Ethnicae 2016-10-05

DECEMBER 2011 : Ethnic Mix More becomes ... ETHNICAE !!!

This is a major update which is named Ethnicae 1.0 2011 "xmas special" ( to avoid the confusion with the oldy Ethnic Mix More )

Let's say right now, there will be another major update in the next weeks which will be named : Ethnicae 2012 1.1 "Apocalypse Project" because, despise the fact I worked hard to this mod, I haven't been fast enough to complete ALL units of ALL civilizations ...

As already said here and there, Ethnicae units is not only a pick of other great modders units, but it's now a huge re-skinning and texturization and a work of creation of new models based on many different meshes. Some works have been made in Blender and of course ... more to come soon ! ;)

Civilizations which are complete ( or almost complete ) today with new skins, new heads, new textures, etc ...

Many new units ! And many many new textures !! ( around 750 units )

- Babylon
- Carthage
- Celtic
- England
- Ethiopia
- France
- Germany
- Greece
- India
- Japan
- Mali
- Mongol
- Native
- Netherlands
- Ottoman
- Persia ( more or less )
- Portugal
- Russia
- Spain
- Sumer
- Viking
- Zulu

This doesn't mean that there are no units related to the other civilizations, but they are not yet updated ( from the ancient mod ) and they will be updated in the next update ...

Brand new skins for all african units has been created and almost all textures are now 256x256 !!! ( I know some people prefer 128x128 ... But I had to make a choice. For everyone who's playing to Civ 5 and still play to Civ 4, it won't be a problem at all ... )

A new complete civilization is arrived : Pacific/Polynesia/Maori civilization with a complete set of units, a leader : Tama Te Kapua, a specific music, a unique unit, a special building.

What's included too ?

Different leaders :

- Aelia Pulcheria ( Byzance )
- Cetshwayo ( Ethiopia )
- Cochise ( Native America )
- Harald ( Viking )
- Hiro Hito ( Japan )
- Knut Innriki ( Viking )
- Louis XIII ( France )
- Martim Sousa ( Portugal )
- Mustapha Kemal ( Ottoman )
- Pontiac ( Native America )
- Sejong ( Korea )
- Tama Te Kapua ( Pacific )
- Toyotomi Hideyoshi ( Japan )
- Zenobia ( Arabia )
- Isabella Del Castillo ( Spain )
( it is another Isabella I named a bit differently to avoid to suppress the basic Isabella from game )

And what's more ?

- Ethnicae is now modular ... ( at last )

- GeoModder's great Cultural City Style last version 0.99 is included and I added some buildings ( much more to come ! )

- NEW Terrain Graphics ! ( between Civilization and Colonization styled )

- New Buttons ...

- Some new wonders ( Tsentom ones ) such as : The Sphinx, the Cheomseongdae and the Copernicus Observatory wich both add events to the gameplay, the Great Bath, the Eden Project.

I would like to add much more but I didn't have enough time ... But asap the civilizations units are all completed, I'll begin to work on adding interesting and brand new stuff ! :lol: And it will be very soon !

GUINEA PIG PART

The mod is no more in beta testing and has already been tested on both single and multiplayer games on both Mac and PC ... And reported working fine. If any mistake is encountered, just report, I'll do my best to help. So, don't worry, everything is done to get ETHNICAE a great mod with your help ! :lol:

This is a mod for BTS 3.19 ( and surely playable on BTS 3.17 too )

This mod doesn't change the basic gameplay

If this mod is not enough for you, well, rip whatever units you want ! ( as far you add a little credit for the hard work of your beloved Coffe Junkie ) :coffee:

:lol:

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

1) Unzip the Ethnicae folder into your Mods directory ( ../Applications/"yourciv4beyondthesword_install_folder"/Mods/ )
2) Load the game and play as normal by first loading Mod option

CREDITS

Bakuel, Danrell, Charles88, Chuggi, Polycrates, AlazkanAssassin, AsioAsio, Sepamu92, Mechaerik, Ambrox, Millenia, Achilleszero, Deliverator, Sakhr, Buddy3101, Gagonite, SaibotLieh, Bernie14, tsentom1, melcher kürzer, walter hawkwood etc ...

To everyone who is not listed : just tell me : I'll add your name !

A Special think and thank to AlanH who provided a great working Nifskope on Mac, Xyth for all his precious advices, Keinpferd who supports me in unit creation, FlyingToaster for her patience to play the beta release until every correction has been made ...

WHAT'S NEXT ?

- New sets of units and/or updated ones for : America, Arabia, Aztec, Byzance, China, Egypt, Inca, Khmer, Korea, Maya, and Holy Roman Empire

- Modern ethnic foot units for each civilization ( from musketmen to paratroopers )

- Naval units ( new boats for everyone )

- Tanks for every civilization

- New wonders

- New civilizations : Tibet and Slavic Federation ( based on Magyar/Hungary and Poland )

THE THREAD

Here : http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=337526

Ethnicae is 180 MB compressed and 600 MB uncompressed

• ethnicae3_YEp.jpg
    ethnicae3_YEp.jpg
    334.2 KB · Views: 151
Author
coffee junkie
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update