Resource icon

G3 Class Battlecruiser 2016-10-05

The G3 battlecruisers were a class of battlecruisers planned by the Royal Navy after the end of World War I in response to naval expansion programs by the United States and Japan. The four ships of this class would have been larger, faster and more heavily-armed than any existing battleship (although several projected foreign ships would be larger). The "battlecruiser" designation came from their higher speed and lesser firepower and armour relative to the planned N3 class battleship design. The G3s carried nine 16-inch (406 mm) guns and were expected to achieve 32 knots (59 km/h; 37 mph), while the N3s would carry nine 18-inch (457 mm) guns on the same displacement at the expense of a slower speed. While officially referred to as "battlecruisers", the G3s have also been considered "fast battleships".

The ship has been designed to look like the original Royal Navy plan for the class. The file contains all the sounds and pcx files. Model is not my own creation because Karle94 (From Subsim) provided it. Wyrmshadow provided the animation files and Ares de Borg did the sounds. I merely put the pieces together and cleaned up the model for CivIII and added some what if pieces. A big thanks to everyone that helped out!
  • g3_SeL.jpg
    g3_SeL.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 311
  • ingame_2q1.jpg
    ingame_2q1.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 247
Author
Delta_Strife
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update