Resource icon

HephMod Beyond v .92 (BtS 3.17) 2016-10-05

For Beyond the Sword 3.17

This mod, like most, is designed to enhance the Civ4 experience across the board with a great variety of gameplay changes. Many changes were also incorporated to enhance historical realism and bring some of the dynamic, vivid feel of history to the game experience. In the end, many of these changes come down to my own dissatisfactions with the game -- moments when playing the game I said to myself, "What? Why would they do that?" ("they" being the game designers), and almost all of the solutions are ported from or at least based on other mods. Many thanks to everyone whose code and ideas I've used, especially The Lopez, Dearmad, Armandeus, jdog5000, Orion Veteran and WesW, as well as all those who've playtested and given me feedback on the thread. Thanks also to The Lopez and Sansevero for helping me with troubleshooting errors that I really should have caught myself in the first place! Great thanks are owed to Eusebius, who merged some of his code for the World Religions mod into the original Hephmod and got it up and running for me, and whose ideas continue to inspire the concept of religion in HephMod.

This mod was originally based on Dearmad's New Balance mod, though it has since grown and developed a life of its own. I've incorporated several other mods more or less wholesale, though some of the config files for configurable mods have been tweaked according to my preferences from playtesting (these can easily be changed by other users in the HephMod config file). Other mods incorporated include jdog5000's Revolution mod, a modified form of the unit stats from WesW's Medieval Mod V, and a Civics schema that is a blending of Dearmad's, Armandeus', Isomod, Nyomod and my own ideas. All mods have been tweaked where necessary to best fit in to HephMod's objectives and playability.

Minimal new units and buildings, and no new civs, are added in this mod. This mod seeks to deepen the experience of the vanilla game, and while the creativity and work that goes into multiplying units, buildings, etc., in the game is admirable, I've always preferred a more straightforward and balanced strategy game experience. More is not always better. When altogether new items have been added, I've tried to make sure that they fill a niche that is lacking in the game rather than just being more stuff for the sake of more stuff. I have only adjusted "Epic" speed.

Please post with any bugs/oversights/suggestions. Enjoy!
Author
Hephaistion
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Top Bottom