Resource icon

Kami's unit balance mod 1.0

Are you also annoyed that the only units you really needed were Horsemen and Archers or Crossbowmen? Do you also want somewhat more diversity in your unit choices?

This Mod decreases the power of Ranged and Cavalry units and/or increases the power of the other Land units.

Short summary of the changes:
  1. Early Cavalry units are nerfed (so now less useful as blocker units)
  2. Melee strength of most Ranged units is decreased
  3. Costs of Siege units and some Support units are lowered by about 20% (because there are no bonuses from Civic cards)
  4. Costs of late game not-mechanical units (like Infantry and Anti-Tank) are lowered
  5. War Carts are somewhat more expensive
  6. Most other Unique units are buffed, to make them more useful
  7. Upgrade costs are increased (~50%)
  8. Three Promotions (Commando, Square, Flanking) are improved
Spoiler Full changes :

Land units:
  1. Archer: Melee strength lowered to 12
  2. Battering Ram: Cost reduced to 52
  3. Horseman: Melee strength lowered to 28
  4. Siege Tower: Cost reduced to 80
  5. Catapult: Cost reduced to 100
  6. Knight: Strength reduced to 45. Cost reduced to 165
  7. Crossbowman: Melee strength lowered to 20. Cost reduced to 160
  8. Bombard: Melee strength lowered to 35. Cost reduced to 225
  9. Field Cannon: Melee strength lowered to 40
  10. Medic: Cost reduced to 240
  11. Ranger: Cost reduced to 280
  12. Infantry: Cost reduced to 380. Maintenance reduced to 5
  13. AT Crew: Cost reduced to 320
  14. Machine Gun: Melee strength reduced to 60. Ranged strength reduced to 70. Cost reduced to 420. Maintenance reduced to 5
  15. Modern AT: Cost reduced to 500. Maintenance reduced to 6
Unique units (original abilties stays the same, unless stated otherwise):
  1. Eagle Warrior: Ignores Forest/Jungle movement penalty
  2. Viking Longship: Receive gold from killing units. Amount is 50% of Combat Strength of defeated unit (same changes as in Pokiehl's better Harald mod)
  3. Maryannu Chariot Archer: Cost reduced to 100. Free promotion upon construction (same changes as in Pokiehl's better Cleopatra mod)
  4. Hoplite: Increased strength to 27. Increased cost to 70 (same changes as in Pokiehl's better Greece mod)
  5. Saka Horse Archer: Reduced combat strength to 12. Can move after attacking (based on Pokiehl's better Tomyris mod)
  6. Varu: Maintenance lowered to 2
  7. Ngao Mbeba: Cost lowered to 90
  8. Berserker: Increased strength to 43. Decreased cost to 110. Available at 'Military Training' technology. Can buy with faith (same changes as in Pokiehl's better Harald mod)
  9. Samurai: Decreased cost to 110. Available at 'Defensive Tactics' technology. Can buy with faith (same changes as in Pokiehl's better Hojo mod)
  10. Mamluk: Decreased cost to 140. Decreased maintenance to 2. Decreased strength to 39. Can move after attacking
  11. Crouching Tiger: Increased range to 2. Decreased combat strenght to 28. Decreased cost to 185
  12. Conquistador: Increased movement to 3
  13. Redcoat: Reduced cost to 250
  14. Garde Imperiale: Reduced cost to 250. Increased movement to 3
  15. Rough Rider: Reduce cost to 280
  16. War Cart: Increased cost to 65. Increased maintenance to 1
Promotions (original abilties stays the same, unless stated otherwise):
  1. Commando: Added ignore hill movement penalty. Added extra +4 combat strength when defending on hills
  2. Square: Triple support bonus, instead of double
  3. Flanking: Triple flanking bonus, instead of double
Other:

Increased Promotion costs. Upgrade cost multiplier is increased from 75 to 110. This is equivalent to an increase in upgrade cost of about 40-50%, if the difference in hammers between the original unit and the upgraded unit is large enough. Otherwise the upgrade cost percentage is larger (for instance Slinger into Archer).

A lot of ideas for Unique unit improvements were token from Pokiehl's Better <Civ name> Mod's.So I definitely do not want the acclaims for these changes. And I advise you to also check out these Mods on the Steam Workshop. They are very good.

Install instructions: Download the Mod and then put it into the game's Mods folder. Start the game, then enable the Mod via Additional Content

And finally, this is a first version. And while I have play-tested it myself, I also have a limited amount of time. So if you find some problems or if you have some suggestions for improvements, please let me know.

Enjoy the Mod!
Author
Kamikaze25281
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
1.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Latest reviews

This resource aims to fix some imbalance but actually makes things more imbalanced. The author shall not have played a game otherwise he won't make such stupid resource!
Top Bottom