ModCast Episode 66: "More or Less Accurate"

DanQ

Owner, Civilized Communication
Give or take. The sixty-sixth episode of ModCast is now netcasting. Entitled "More or Less Accurate" with a runtime of 52m56s, features regular co-hosts Rob "Rob (R8XFT)" Riley, Jan "Janboruta" Boruta and and Scott "AlphaShard" Dirk with returning guest co-host John "Neirai" and first-time guest co-host "Marbozir".

The summary of topics is as follows:

- 01m57s | Modding Spotlight
From Civilization V modded "Let's Play"s of the Blackfoot to his opportunity to play the up-and-coming Civilization VI and the like, gaming YouTuber "Marbozir" fields questions and discusses views about the Civ series and his involvement in it.
- 15m49s | Cartography Room
On the release of two CivV civilizations by prolific modders: "The Olmecs" by "Tomatekh" and "Leugi" and "Sukritact's Nabataean Civilization" (20m48s).
- 24m04s | Miscellaneous
The influence of flavouring civilization features and leaders in consideration of Civilization V's Artificial Intelligence, and making predictions about the transition to, from and between CivV and CivVI following the latter's pending release this fall (28m56s).

ModCast is the first spin-off of the Civ strategy-centric PolyCast; fellow sibling TurnCast focuses on Civ multiplay.

Stellar, as always. Neirai for permanent cast member?

So I guess the modcasts will not be posted to the Civ5 C&C anymore?
It's interesting that you bring this point up. The most previous episode was posted about in Civ5 C&C, but atypically there was and still is no discussion about its content there nearing two months after its publishing. Given that this was the first episode recorded after the official announcement of Civilization VI and, in turn (heh), more (specific) discussion about it was had, I decided to post about it here. Depending upon discussion in response to this episode here and future episode content balance between CivV and CivVI, I may elect to publish about their releases in both C&C forums here in addition to News Updates.

Anyway, thanks for the efforts at maintaining a good podcast
Thank you kindly. :king:

(if only internet was fast here, I could binge hear :mischief: )
Unlike the majority of podcasts (at least that I've come across), we continue to offer a low bandwidth version off of the show's website labelled as "Mobile Quality".

Stellar, as always.
:cooool:

Thank you Dan, really well edited! :D This ep's really tightly packed with conversation, and I don't feel a whole lot was left out from the recording, just feels nicely condensed. Thanks again for great work!

On a Civ 5 vs. Civ 6 C&C posting - posting here is a good idea, although for consistency I would also link to it in the Civ 5 modding subforum. Out of habit I was looking for the Modcast thread there, and not here. ;) The Civ 6 C&C is sparsely populated still; even if the Civ 5 thread didn't yield a discussion once, it probably garnered a bigger attention.

The Civ 6 C&C is sparsely populated still; even if the Civ 5 thread didn't yield a discussion once, it probably garnered a bigger attention.
In comparing present numbers, in less than one week this thread has had more views than the previous episode's thread has had in two months in CivV C&C.

Thank you Dan, really well edited! :D This ep's really tightly packed with conversation, and I don't feel a whole lot was left out from the recording, just feels nicely condensed. Thanks again for great work!
:king: -- you are welcome. Thank you for the kind words and for being apart of the recording in the first place!

When Beyond Earth came out, you were making a PolyCast announcement thread in both Civ 5 and Civ BE General Discussions forums. Couldn't you just make a ModCast announcement thread in both Civ 5 C&C and Civ 6 C&C?

When Beyond Earth came out, you were making a PolyCast announcement thread in both Civ 5 and Civ BE General Discussions forums. Couldn't you just make a ModCast announcement thread in both Civ 5 C&C and Civ 6 C&C?
That is what I am considering starting with the next ModCast, which is not scheduled for publishing until after CivVI's release (and to be recorded still, of course).

Top Bottom