[1.0.4.8.] [reproducible]Unable to advance turn because of missing policy cards (Tech shuffle)

PFC_Mel

Chieftain
Game: Gathering Storm, Tech/Civic Shuffle Mode, Secret Societies mode.

It is possible to get stuck not being able to advance turn because of not enough policy cards.
In my game tech unlocking Monarchy did not require doing Political Philosophy, so after adopting Monarchy I am unable to advance turn because I have no Diplomatic policy cards.

Here are 2 screenshots and a save game a few turns before I am locked in unable to continue.

It looks like the problem is that there are no restrictions on how tech is shuffled, so it is possible to get around some civics that usually you have to get before others.

[Edit] Edited a mistake: A Diplomatic not Economic card slot was not fillable.
[Edit 2] Clarification as it was too jarringly wrong for some (although screenshots clarify it)- Problem with not being able to advance turn was after >>> adopting <<< Monarchy not after unlocking it.

Attachments

• Monarchy_3_turns_b4.Civ6Save
    2 MB · Views: 31
Last edited:
In my game tech unlocking Monarchy did not require doing Political Philosophy, so after unlocking Monarchy I am unable to advance turn because I have no Economic policy cards.
I don't think this is quite the case, it looks to me like you adopted Monarchy as your Government but can't advance as you now have a Diplomatic slot you can't fill??

I don't think this is quite the case, it looks to me like you adopted Monarchy as your Government but can't advance as you now have a Diplomatic slot you can't fill??
Yeah, Diplomatic. Sorry, corrected my mistake.

Not just that - my point was also that unlocking Monarchy didn't cause you the issue adopting it did.
Fixed this glaring issue in my text which was clearly clarified by screenshots. Problem still stands: Unable to advance turn because of missing Diplomatic cards after adopting Monarchy as it is possible to avoid Political Philosophy in Tech/Civic Shuffle Mode.

Last edited:
+1 just came here to report that precise issue. I have 1 turn to research Recorded History that would have given me a diplo card too, but as it is I'm stuck and have to discard game.

I guess you can Shift-Enter to force end the turn but that probably mean you cannot benefit from any policy card on that turn.

Top Bottom