(4-09a) Counterproposal: CS Rigging increases coup chances depending on Spy Level

Status
Not open for further replies.

axatin

Prince
Counterproposal to https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...gging-increase-coup-chance-from-20-30.683060/

Proposal:
  1. Rigging an election in a city-state increases coup chances by 20% plus 10% for every rank the spy is above the first rank. (Level 1 – 20%, Level 2 – 30%, Level 3 – 40%)
  2. Moving a spy out of a city-state resets the increased coup chances
Rationale:
  1. This provides a possibility to rig elections more effectively. It also rewards using higher-level spies in city-states (note that higher-level spies also have slightly increased coup chances in general, but that usually does not make it worth taking the risk of having the spy get killed in a coup attempt)
  2. This prevents using a high-level spy for rigging and then replacing it with a low-level spy to do the coup with minimal risk, which feels a bit like an exploit

Last edited:
No, currently only successful coups reset the rigging bonuses
Guess I didn't make it clear then. I did intend to stick the "rig count" to the spy-CS pair. Spy swap or (success or fail) coup attempt should both reset the count.

Guess I didn't make it clear then. I did intend to stick the "rig count" to the spy-CS pair. Spy swap or (success or fail) coup attempt should both reset the count.
Makes sense, it's a bit exploitable otherwise (moving spies from CS to CS to prepare them all for a later coup). I guess I can just change this without a proposal.

Proposal sponsored by axatin.

This overlaps with what I posted on the other post: The game should simply remove the % entirely, and just tell you if you press the button, the coup will fail or succeed. No more "hmm, if I press this button while it says 60% it should succeed, so I'll just reload if it doesn't succeed"

It could tell you that if you want to press the coup button succesfully, you should complete x quests for the city state, or this one specific quest, or just gain like 15 more influence, or send a great diplomat.

If you want to be sure a coup succeeds, you can leave your spy in the city-state and continue to rig elections until the coup chances have reached 100%.

Last edited:
AFAIK your chancse to rig are no longer showed as lower if there is an enemy spy, but your actual chances do are lower. So, even with 100% displayed chance, if there is an enemy spy, you could end up having your spy get killed. Just wait one more rig to be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom