(6-CP) Delete UI Buffs from Tenets

Status
Not open for further replies.

adan_eslavo

Archmage of all Pixels
Supporter
It's a counterproposal to (6-64).

Rationale: balancing UIs is a difficult task. @Hinin suggested that different UIs should get different bonuses from ideology tenets, based on the frequency of appearing. But it is based and vary for every map type and settings you use in your games, so in one game particular UI can be spammed, while in other there will be not many places to put your UI on. What's more, there are only 13 of 43 civilizations in VP that have their own UIs and can get an additional bonus choosing these tenets. It's hard to balance. So, encouraged by @azum4roll (below) I would propose as follows:
2023-10-11_16h08_09.png

Proposal: delete all UI buffs from ideology tenets (Civil Society (Freedom), Five Year Plan (Order), Military-Industrial Complex (Autocracy)).

Database Changes

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm against this proposal, but could live with it, if you add yield replacement across the tech tree to compensate. Without it, UIs would loose any interest in the later game.

I'm against this proposal, but could live with it, if you add yield replacement across the tech tree to compensate. Without it, UIs would loose any interest in the later game.
I think this is what we can start with. In next congress it can be reverted or expanded with some tech boosts after few gameplays.
Aren't they buffed late game?

I think this is what we can start with. In next congress it can be reverted or expanded with some tech boosts after few gameplays.
Aren't they buffed late game?
I haven't access to my pc right know, but I remember Polders, for example, receive no bonuses after economic, at all. Probably a bad example since coast still receive updates, thought.

I like the current bonuses. They improve replayability because the tenets vary in their value depending your civ. If anything, I would move the UI bonus from military industrial complex to a less popular tenet. MIC is the main science boost in autocracy and moving it would make tenet choices nore interesting. Right now I always take it, UI or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom