(7-26) Buff the Tradition Scaler

Status
Not open for further replies.

pineappledan

Deity
Current Tradition scaler:
+1:c5science:Science in the Capital and +3% :c5food: Growth in all cities for each Tradition Policy adopted

In total the tree gives +20% :c5food: Growth in all cities: +15% from all scalers, and +5% on the Opener

Proposed Tradition scaler:
+1:c5science:Science in the Capital and +5% :c5food: Growth in all cities for each Tradition Policy adopted

In total the tree gives +30% :c5food: Growth in all cities: +25% from all scalers, and +5% on the Opener

Rationale:
The current scaler is weak. It's possibly the worst scaler of any policy tree.
Tradition is generally considered weak, and while boosting the scaler's power is not a silver bullet, it's current weakness is at least a contributing factor.
Tradition used to have +5% growth on the scaler, but was lowered to 3% years ago. This was in a time when Tradition was considered more competitive, and we were looking for ways to manage unhappiness. Tradition is now much less competitive and Unhappiness is much more lenient, but this nerf was never reverted.
Tradition lacks many useful bonuses outside of the capital. The global growth bonus is one of the few abilities it grants on empire. Strengthening it will allow Tradition satellite cities to grow faster.

Last edited:
this still leaves it weak in the early game. Is that how we want tradition to be? bad early with a payoff later?

I would prefer +1 food, but I'm loathe to propose it because then Fealty would have to change to... what?

I think the later era policy tree should be the one that scales better. Swapping the scaling% onto Fealty and giving the flat+ to Tradition feels right to me, even if in some cases it works out to the same end-game numbers.

I would prefer +1 food, but I'm loathe to propose it because then Fealty would have to change to... what?
I like this idea. Having +1 production per policy from authority and +1 food per policy from tradition seems nice and fitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom