A Free Code Tester

SLGray

King
Is there an online tester for coding in Civ 5 mods?

For Example: Zoo Tycoon 2 mods uses xml. I can use a free xml online tester to locate issues with downloads I download.

At the most all you'd be able to see is whether the formats are correct and without syntax errors such as missing row enders (</Row>) and the like.

But the code itself could be utter garbage.

This is the way Modbuddy works, in fact. It will point out syntax errors in XML files such as I have mentioned, but so long as the syntax looks correct will not tell a mod-maker that table <Quatloos> or table <TriskellionGamesters> are garbage.

There's nothing besides the game itselt to use to tell if code within an XML or SQL file is garbage even if formatted correctly.

(well, for SQL you can use a database viewer program and plop the code from an SQL file into the Civ5DebugDatabase.db once opened in a viewer. But unless you really know what you are doing in the code-test side of such a program you might not be able to accomplish anything useful. You can't hurt the Civ5DebugDatabase.db because it is re-created every time you go through the Mods menu to start or load a game, but you might get errors making you think the SQL from a mod is no good when it is in fact OK because the Civ5DebugDatabase.db retains the most recent version from the last time you played with all the code-changes made by mods.)

Top Bottom