A question about cities

Feyd

Chieftain
Is there anyway I can stop cities from being destroyed? If it has 1 pop and 1 unit and they kill the unit can I change something to make the city remain?

So there is no way then?

Not to sound ******ed but what does "IIRC the city wall improvement" mean?

Uh-oh, I'm lapsing into jargon. Anyone can sound like a genius if they use terms that are obscure enough. IIRC = if I recall correctly. I believe that if a size 1 city has the city walls improvement at the time of its conquest, then it won't be destroyed.

:confused: I just tested this in El Aurens (i.e. ToT). As the human player, I conquered a size 1 AI city with city walls and it disappeared! I let the AI capture a size 1 human-controlled city and it survived.

Oh yes... If you were the previous owner of the city (i.e. you "liberate" it), the city will stay.

:hmm: I guess city walls only prevent size reduction when a city is under attack, not when it is actually captured.

So, when the size 1 city with 1 defender comes under attack, it will be destroyed if it doesn't have city walls (if the defender loses). It will remain size 1 if it has city walls. However, if the empty size 1 city is then captured by the enemy, it will disappear, unless the enemy re-conquered it.

Top Bottom