1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

A "Special" Domestic Advisor (Please try out!)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Mod Components' started by Requies, Dec 2, 2005.

1. Impaler[WrG]

Impaler[WrG] Civ4:Col UI programmer

Idea: As has been noted their are LOTS of colums of information people would like to see, but were running out of horizontal room. Solution alow all the colums to be toggled on or off by a button located down at the bottom of the screen, when all the space is used up no additional colums can be activated untill others have been deactivated. With this kind of system theirs realy no limit to the number of usefull colums that could be displayed. As a bonus their might also be Macro Buttons that imediatly toggle on a particular combination of colums to give an overview of some particular area such as military or Culture, a "Default" view macro gives us the current overview of everything display.

2. alerum68

alerum68 Priest of Hiroshima

I like Option 3 as well. Impaler has a good idea though I think it would take extreme amounts of effort for something like that.

3. Shamier

Shamier Chieftain

I vote for 3 as well.
    Ofcourse, if you want to do this so that it suits if not everyone's needs atleast most people's needs then you might want to add a way to select what info is displayed and where ;)

4. Kilim

Kilim Chieftain

I do not know if it is just me, but this mod does not even show in my domestic advisor screen with the latest patch v1.52 :(

5. lolo@350

lolo@350 Chieftain

Yeah, same prob... none of the domestic advisor mod is working with Ver. 1.52

The advisor is simply not showing up.

What is strange is that the advisor itself works.

Because : When you launch a new game in Ver. 1.52 and you connect your first city to the capital, a pop-up appears. If you click on "Show me the big picture", it opens up the domestic advisor, WHICH IS WORKING !!!

So it is only a problem of showing up the advisor.

6. AbramsGunner

AbramsGunner Chieftain

7. Requies

Requies Prince

Yeah, it's because they changed one thing in the call to CvScreensInterface.

I have it fixed and will post an update sometime this coming week.

Req

8. alerum68

alerum68 Priest of Hiroshima

Requies, have you seen the Customizable Domestic Advisor yet?

9. Requies

Requies Prince

Yup, I have. Even posted in the thread.

Req

10. Requies

Requies Prince

:bump: for v0.93 for those who want this domestic advisor which will work with patch 1.52.

I didn't add anything else to it, as I've been somewhat busy. But since I've had some requests....

Req

11. Ingrey

Ingrey Chieftain

Okay okay so I should have checked that this was 1.61 compat'e BEFORE I eagerly installed it.

After discovering that the advisors cuase a blank tech advisor screen to load on start up as well as causing the main map interface to permanently disappear, I decided something was clearly wrong.

But hey I can easily remove the py files and it will all be fine.....

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrr.............No

I have deleted all the files that are installed by the dom & for advisors in custom assets folders and cleared out the cache but things are still Pete Tong.

Any ideas, short of reinstalling the entire game?

Cheers

12. cf_nz

cf_nz Prince

I did exactly the same thing as you - didn't check it was 1.61 compatible before installing.

I was able to fix things by removing the files from my Civ4CustomAssets folder. Note I had to remove all files from my Civ4CustomAssets folder not just the ones related to this mod.

13. cf_nz

cf_nz Prince

Edit: removed, posted in wrong thread.

14. jonpfl

jonpfl Prince

Does this work with 1.61?