Add workers to production centers?

Should we add workers to our big producer cities?

• Yes

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Abstain

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaitan

der Besucher
This poll is informational as there was no real discussion on the topic. CT will need to use whatever feedback is generated to decide what to do in the chat 5 1/2 hours away.

The idea is similar to DZ's size 12 plan but this one is a size ~20 plan. Add workers to our high production centers as soon as hospitals are built. A high production center would be a city that can achieve 100 shields per turn at their maximum effective population. Anything between 51-99 spt maximum possible isn't worth more than 50 spt (as far as building panzers goes) so those cities would not be elligible.

In The North Province we have 3 elligible cities: Bavaria, Kuhkaff and Starke. What I propose for TNP (and this can be a model for other provinces) is:

1. Hospitals in Bavaria, Kuhkaff and Starke right away. Not rushes, just put to the top of the queue. This will take between 1 and 3 turns.
  2. Immediately add workers to these cities until they are saturated at their current land improvement states. That is, stable population using the tile improvements in place right now. No sense adding a worker if the pop is going to starve to death.
  3. Reevaluate for tile improvement changes to bring them to their maximum effective populations or 100 shields/turn, whichever comes first. A spt over 100 doesn't matter right now so even if the city could support more population and get more shields no workers would be added if the spt is already 100.

The benefit in TNP will be 2 cities that can produce a panzer every turn and a 1 turn drop in army production (Kuhkaff). The cost will be approximately 20 workers right away, up to 26 maximum.

EDIT: After further review, hospitals will take 2 turns in each city if they are put at the top of the queue right away. Army production will drop from 6 turns to 4.

Great idea - excellent research to find and plan this!

Other than the North Province, are there any other provinces with cities that could benefit from this plan?

One big enthusiastic YES!!!. :) (In fact, I was just going to make a thread on this after I made my lunch) This is exactly what I had in mind looking over today's turn chat and at the Tempest Province building wealth. I have a list of cities that really need to be improved. So, this will help (especially to get some cities to maybe 50-100spt). Right now, we only have 5 or 6 cities at 50spt or more (panzers in 2 turns).

From my notebook: (not in this order BTW)

Top Cities/Provinces to work:

Hafenland
"To Dye For"
Montis Abeo Gramen
Quellewasser
Southwest

Kyoto
Kells
Gebirgssenke
Kagoshima
Miami
Philly
Houston
Nagoya (Change to col to hospital)
Leckopolis (Change to Panzies)
Izibia (Change to factory?)
Octavinium
Dacula
Serenity
Zwishchentholz
Nara
Akkad

This is an excellent opportunity to get those foreign bondsmen out of our Federal work force and into the cities where they can usefully staff the sweat shops and small grocery stories.

@CT - Go ahead and do this for The North Province then. I've edited the instructions so you have official permission. It's going to be a bit of a juggling match assigning population work as you increase the populations so I've given you fill discretion of where to apply them in the cities affected as well as their neighbors.

Note that the goal shouldn't be maximum population, it should be getting cities to the various most effective shield production levels. Infantry is 90 shields, panzers are 100 and arty is 80 so valid target levels are 40, 45, 50, 80, 90 and 100 effective shields per turn. As panzers are the current priority we should concentrate on the 50 and 100 spt goals.

Exactly. Great minds think alike. :)

It's not just for governors to vote. It's for anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom