1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

AI non-existant

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Bug Reports' started by reinheld, Jan 18, 2009.

1. reinheld

reinheld Chieftain

Steps to get there:
    1. Load the game.
    2. Choose a single player or multiplayer, custom game game.
    3. Set any number of AI oponents
    4. After game is loaded, and I start to play.. I realize there is no-one else there. I confirm this by retiring, and seeing no others make any cities, points, gold, etc.

It is simply very annoying and boring to be playing with no-AI to come in contact with.

2. dalgo

dalgo Chieftain

In my games I don't bother to specify my opponents, I just leave the defaults and get a full board of 8 native tribes and 3 other European powers every time (on a huge map).

I started a game up as a test with all 11 opponents specified and they did appear.

3. Wheldrake

Wheldrake Chieftain

I had that same problem on some custom maps.
    This said, the gripe in the title is a valid one. The "AI" in Civ4Col is pathetic, especially concerning the competing colonial powers. In this case "AI" stands for "absent intelligence".

Things are somewhat better in the current build of the AoD mod, and we can expect them to improve in future versions.

4. abone734

abone734 Chieftain

I'm playing a game right now (Governor, random map size, new world, dutch) and there are no other European power...