Alien Aggression - how it works

Breaking news, LUA api found!

Main topic has been updated.

It should be possible now to fix the inherent problem with the messed up opinion change triggers.
However the lack of a "getOpinionValue" function will make things more complicated than how they could be.

OK, so this is probably a silly question, and I'm not sure if it is relevant for this thread, but:
Is there a way to actually see the level of alien agression? I've played the game a few times now, and the only way I can see their agression level is if they attack me or not. Maybe I've searched the wrong places, but in the civilopedia I coundn't find an actual 'alien agression' subject...

You can tell by the color of their icons. "green" is normal, but there's also "blue", "orange", "red", I guess you never saw them.

Update:

Since the December 2014 patch the negative alien opinion decay has been reduced from 1 point per turn to 0.25 points per turn.

This basically means that the negative opinion decays 4 times slower than before.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like anything else has changed.

Hi eveyone,

Sorry for upping an old topic, but i really want to have hostile aliens in starting game, i already have trying to change things like:

Name="ALIEN_OPINION_HOSTILE_THRESHOLD">
<Value>-15</Value>

But i didn't work :-/ it's like all changes on this page (GlobalDefines.xml) are useless.

Can you help me please? :(

Alien Opinion starts at 0 and attacking them moves them into negative numbers, so if you want Aliens to be hostile from the very beginning you must do this:

Code:
		<Update>
			<Where Name="ALIEN_OPINION_VERY_HOSTILE_THRESHOLD"/>
			<Set Value="0"/>
		</Update>

However, in Rising Tide there is the "If you don't attack the Aliens they won't attack you either."-mechanic that seems to be hardcoded and can't be removed. So even if you make Aliens start red like that they will still be peaceful until a player attacks them for the very first time.

Thanks Ryika,

Unfortunately, it didn't work, i think there is another code somewhere, because even with these changes aliens are still green and nice, they attacks only if we harm them and 4 or 5 turns later, you can swim between them without risk :-(

It's sad because in previous civilization, barbarians were a good threat in early game, so even with peacefull ia-player, early game was a survival until mid-game.

Not there.

You probably also need to set the other Numbers to something higher then:

Code:
		<Update>
			<Where Name="ALIEN_OPINION_VERY_HOSTILE_THRESHOLD"/>
			<Set Value="0"/>
		</Update>
		<Update>
			<Where Name="ALIEN_OPINION_FRIENDLY_THRESHOLD"/>
			<Set Value="1000"/>
		</Update>
		<Update>
			<Where Name="ALIEN_OPINION_HOSTILE_THRESHOLD"/>
			<Set Value="1000"/>
		</Update>

This is taken directly from my old Aggressive Wildlife Mod, it worked fine Pre-Rising Tide. The system didn't change much so if that still doesn't work then it's probably an error with your mod.

Thanks for your patience Ryika,

It still didn't work, i try to make my own mod, i also try to modify directly GlobalDefines.xml with Notepad++ in Assets > Gameplay but it didn't work :confused:

Do you still have some of your mod's data please? Does anybody have a simple mod for this? :(

If you are playing with Rising Tide you have to modify the file in assets\DLC\Expansion1\Gameplay\XML, not in assets\Gameplay\XML

Top Bottom