Am I just dumb or is this a bug?

AgentTBC

Warlord
As per the other thread where I asked a few questions about trade routes, etc, I've been making some changes and so far have been pleased with the results. One of the changes I made was to increase the yields of improvements built on resources which most people would agree is probably called for. Like putting a pasture on some cattle would give +2 hammers or +1hammer/+1 food instead of now where it just gives you +1 hammer. That sort of thing.

All of that worked except that the wheat farms were exactly the same as before. I thought perhaps I had forgotten to change it. So I looked in CIV5Improvements.xml and, as expected, see the bit which says it is possible to build farms on wheat:

<Improvement_ResourceTypes>
<Row>
<ImprovementType>IMPROVEMENT_FARM</ImprovementType>
<ResourceType>RESOURCE_WHEAT</ResourceType>
</Row>

However, the next section of the file appears to contain definitions for the bonus yield when you build the appropriate improvement on a resource. All of the various resources are described along with their improvement and yield.

All except wheat farms, that is. Am I missing something obvious or should the section which begins with "<Improvement_ResourceType_Yields>" not contain the following:

<Row>
<ImprovementType>IMPROVEMENT_FARM</ImprovementType>
<ResourceType>RESOURCE_WHEAT</ResourceType>
<YieldType>YIELD_FOOD</YieldType>
<Yield>1</Yield>
</Row>

I see entries like this for every other improvement and resource. Maybe that's one reason wheat farms suck? It seems like this entry was left out. Or is there a reason every other improvement on a resource would have an entry but not this one?

It could be that since farms by default gives 1 food, they chose to leave it out. It could that if they put this in the xml, you would get 1 extra food from wheat farms, even if you have civil service / fertilizer. Or they just thought it was unnecessary, given that it is the default behaviour.

Have you tried adding that part, and then modifying it? I'm guessing you'll see the changes in the game.

Top Bottom