Any Fanatics Still RevHeads?

I own Civ4:BTS and CivRev (360 version), and have been a fan of the series since civ 2, and I find myself playing CivRev a LOT more than Civ4. I don’t have that much time to spend on games, so CivRev wins just because it’s quicker, and it’s much more comfortable to be sat on my sofa with a controller (and CivRev works amazingly well with a controller) than to be hunched over my laptop. So it’s more down to it being a quicker, more comfortable experience than being a ‘better’ game than civ 4. However I think with a few tweaks (maybe with an expansion pack or a very generous patch from the developers?) it could be just as good as Civ 4. I’m thinking of:

• More powerful diplomacy system & AI relationships to give the game a bit more depth.
  • A bigger variety of map types to make the game more re-playable.
  • The ability to save multiplayer games to make quick play sessions with friends possible (fits in with my ‘don’t have that much play time’ ethos!).

I hope the developers don’t give up on CivRev because I think it’s just a few tiny additions & tweaks away from being a much better game. Or if they do, I’d love to see Civ 5 released on consoles as well as the PC.

Reason I got this game is that Wife and I are constantly fighting over a PC.

She wants to surf the net and I want to play my Civ 4, BTS.

So instead of buying another PC, I got this game.

And I actually like it alot. Game is much shorter, I can finish the game in less than day instead of week. I like the animations better than Civ 4.

I'll be playing this game for a while. :)

Top Bottom