[R&F] Anybody know how SOURCE_TRADING_POST_TRAIT works?

Foulweather

Warlord
SOURCE_TRADING_POST_TRAIT is a 'Value' in the ModifierArguments table linked to TRAIT_TRADING_POST_DIPLO_VISIBILITY (part of the Mongolian Ortoo trait).

I've been messing around trying to tie the building of a trading post to other Modifiers (something similar to Hellenistic Fusion, but with a post instead of capturing a city) and I can't get it to work.

Alright. I've given up (for now) trying to do anything with the Trading Post. Now I"m messing around with ITINERANT_PREACHERS_SPREAD_DISTANCE, which dictates how far a city's religious pressure reaches. I've been trying to tie this in to a leader trait, but without luck. Do I have to use the ATTACH_MODIFIER? Anyone know how to connect this Belief ModifierID to a modifier I can use with a leader trait?

Alright. I've given up (for now) trying to do anything with the Trading Post. Now I"m messing around with ITINERANT_PREACHERS_SPREAD_DISTANCE, which dictates how far a city's religious pressure reaches. I've been trying to tie this in to a leader trait, but without luck. Do I have to use the ATTACH_MODIFIER? Anyone know how to connect this Belief ModifierID to a modifier I can use with a leader trait?

That modifier looks like a fairly standard one you can just slap on a leader or civilization. I'd create a new Modifier with the ModifierType MODIFIER_PLAYER_RELIGION_ADJUST_RELIGIOUS_SPREAD_DISTANCE and just apply it directly.

upload_2018-4-6_5-11-51.png

I assumed it wasn't working like that easily because, as a belief, it's tied to a player's religion (increasing religious pressure in your religion's cities in all civilizations), and not just to your civilization.

I tried copying other beliefs (such as Holy Order and Jesuit Education) and the way they use MODIFIER_ALL_PLAYERS_ATTACH_MODIFIER and MODIFIER_ALL_CITIES_ATTACH_MODIFIER to attach the belief to cities and districts. Yet when I test, I get no increased distance of pressure on the religious lens (still maxed out at 10 tiles). The only time I see a pulsing pressure line from my city to another more than 10 tiles away is if I have a trade route there.

I had the same trouble when trying to adapt the Scripture enhancer belief into a leader trait. I ended up succeeding in changing strength of religious pressure only by using the Cardinal Bishop Pressure (a governor promotion) instead of the Scripture belief.

What am I missing?

Top Bottom