Are you still here?

Are you here?

• Total voters
Civanator said:
nah if it's more towards the last 2 terms it's more of sub-elite
to be elite you had to be there in the first 2 terms :p
Ill just consider myself an elite since I am one of the few remaining citizens from DG1 :p

The Law of Diminshing returns says as you play for demogames the marginal enjoyment from each addtional demogame decreases, so demand for demogames decreases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivGeneral
Would that include me, since I was around twards the end of DG1 .

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivGeneral
Ill just consider myself an elite since I am one of the few remaining citizens from DG1

Is there a echo in here

Civanator said:
The Elites would be those still here from DG1 ;)
So that would mean I am a regular then, or maybe still a consript, since I started at the start of last game.

Yeah yeah, I humbly bow for those DG veterans, they are so beatific, sanctified, brilliant, seasoned, well-mannered, tolerant and visionary, not to mention fair...

I'm not exactly around much these days, but through no fault of the demogame or its players. I've simply found that I cannot enjoy participation in the demogame unless I commit a large amount of my time to it, something which I have not had any desire to do since DG2. This, combined with the fact that my interest in Civ3 has waned to almost non-existence, leaves me with little reason to even browse the demogame fora other than to offer occasionally what little help I can with some of my old pet issues, or to see who of the citizens I remember from earlier demogames are still around and how they're doing - for old times sake as it were.

zyxy said:
Hi Donsig,

what do you think about the TC summaries and other information being posted now? What is missing?

What is missing? Well, the summaries aren't there. :rolleyes:

I hate to complain about it since there has obviously been much work put into the thread since I last visited it. (Back when someone notice Sir Isaac Newton.) Don't get me wrong, what has been added is terrific and Furiey (hope I spelled that right) deserves alot of thanks from all of us. BUT that stuff belongs somewhere else, not in a summary thread. I scrolled through it but all I got out of it was that there is alot of war going on. I don't have time to digest all that information. I need (and perhaps others out there share this need) something I can look at in a couple minutes to understand the history / story of our country.

The summary thread should have a paragraph or two about what happened during gameplay. The DP's take on things should be included. As indicated above, we should be able to go to the summary thread and see quickly what's been happening. Such a thread would be great for allowing newcomers to the game to get a quick sense of our country's history so as to have a background to enter the game. Such a thread could also be used as a hook to draw people (back) into the game, to entice them to go looking for the kind of details that have recently been put into the summary thread.

I encourage Furiey and future leaders to continue posting the wealth of detail - just put it in a turn chat detail thread and give us summaries.

donsig said:
What is missing? Well, the summaries aren't there. :rolleyes:

I hate to complain about it since there has obviously been much work put into the thread since I last visited it. (Back when someone notice Sir Isaac Newton.) Don't get me wrong, what has been added is terrific and Furiey (hope I spelled that right) deserves alot of thanks from all of us. BUT that stuff belongs somewhere else, not in a summary thread. I scrolled through it but all I got out of it was that there is alot of war going on. I don't have time to digest all that information. I need (and perhaps others out there share this need) something I can look at in a couple minutes to understand the history / story of our country.

The summary thread should have a paragraph or two about what happened during gameplay. The DP's take on things should be included. As indicated above, we should be able to go to the summary thread and see quickly what's been happening. Such a thread would be great for allowing newcomers to the game to get a quick sense of our country's history so as to have a background to enter the game. Such a thread could also be used as a hook to draw people (back) into the game, to entice them to go looking for the kind of details that have recently been put into the summary thread.

I encourage Furiey and future leaders to continue posting the wealth of detail - just put it in a turn chat detail thread and give us summaries.

Does something like this help at all?

Top Bottom