ASoIaF World Map (64x40 and up) - A Game of Thrones

Craterus22

King
After reading that some people have been considering a mod for GRRM's A Song of Ice and Fire series... along with the fact that principle shooting wrapped on the new HBO pilot... I thought I would make a series of maps (which I will contain in this thread).

The first map is a small world map (64x40) that includes the entire world (not just the westeros continent that most people focus on)... I will start serious work on a larger version once I see some progress on mods (or if i decide to work on a mod myself).

for mod/scenario discussion for ASOIAF go to this link

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=193143&page=4

Mapview played a big part in making this map happen - check it out if you haven't used it before...
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=305168

===================================================================
The first map has all the cities I could squeeze into a small map (along with making "bigger" cities by smashing multiple cities together). The continents are separated by a at least a single square of ocean so that trade can still be allowed but no easy access for armies. The isolation will also allow mods that just focus on the Seven Kingdoms.

Mountains and cities are used to simulate the non-passable nature of the wall... if the wildings want to get through they will need to build boats or conquer one of the cities in the wall (maybe with a special horn of winter unit?)

Mod makers may want to have ocean crossings later in the research tree as a plot device for a mod/scenario (to allow Daenerys to build toward an invasion for example).

The first map listed has cities, some religion and some wonders placed on the map (no tech trading and no city destruction)
The second map is a normal civ bts start with settler... no special cities or city names or wonders like the first map...

The civs chosen for these two non-mod maps were chosen at random (an updated cleaner version will be posted when i get closer to the final)... their only purpose there is to have something to play the map with until mods come out (and I will adapt my maps to whatever mods come out - and others are welcome to do so as well as long as you give credit and a referall link to this thread when possible). All civs are playable for these maps (mod maps will have playable civs reduced)

The third map is a beta version of the 5 Kings scenario (the kings start off with an advantage in tech) that I am working on that works with the bigE mod listed at the following link (thanks for posting an early version of the mod bigE!)
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=8741885&postcount=71

Attachments

• asoiaf_world_64x40_v1o_beta.zip
    18.7 KB · Views: 953
  • asoiaf_world_64x40_v1o_beta_nocities.zip
    17.1 KB · Views: 593
  • asoiaf_world_64x40_bigEmod_advstart_fivekings1r.zip
    20.3 KB · Views: 507
reserved

Attachments

• asoiaf world map.JPG
    asoiaf world map.JPG
    112.4 KB · Views: 11,472
Here is the list of civs in numerical order for the first two maps so if modders want to use the map they have an idea of what to make room for:

Spoiler :
0 Greyjoy
1 Lannister
2 King - (whomever)
3 Tyrell
4 Tully
5 Baratheon
6 Stark
7 Arryn
8 Martell
9 The Wildlings
10 The Nightwatch
11 Free Cities near Myr <- these can be split into individual civs with a high civ mod
12 Free Cities near Braavos <- these can be split into individual civs with a high civ mod
13 The Slave Lords (around slaver bay)
14 Daenerys (located at Meereen for now)
15 The others
16 The Pureborn of Qarth
17 Khal Jogos

The mod map has the following civs:
Spoiler :

0 Greyjoy
1 Lannister
2 King - (joeffrey with Cercei as Regent)
3 Tyrell
4 Tully
5 Renly
6 Stark
7 Arryn
8 Martell
9 The Wildlings
10 The Nightwatch
11 Stannis
12 Free Cities near Braavos <- these can be split into individual civs with a high civ mod
13 The Slave Lords (around slaver bay)
14 Daenerys (located at Meereen for now)
15 The others
16 The Pureborn of Qarth
17 Roose Bolton

I know its been a while, but are you still working on this craterus?

I know its been a while, but are you still working on this craterus?
took a long break because i got stalled on the mod that i was making and haven't seen any good (working) mods since bigE

Anyone who liked this map might want to check out my ASOIAF map. See the thread linked below.

Craterus: Are you still working on this? I'd like to hear some feedback on my own map as well.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=10680765#post10680765
i will check yours out

Top Bottom