BE shuts my computer down

Quite simple, about 5 minutes after loading the game up, BE shuts my laptop down, like insta-shutdown, as if someone pulled the plug (except its a laptop, so pulling the plug wouldn't affect it ;) )

Some info: I'm on windows 7.
This is the first time I've played BE in months, the first time since the patch was released. Never had this problem before. Doesn't happen with anything else.
When I restart the laptop, it boots up with no error messages.
I was wondering if something was overheating, as the cooling fans blow full speed when BE is playing, but like I say, nothing else does this.

Any ideas?

Thanks

I get the same thing. I can only play 2 or 3 turns at a time then have to let the laptop cool down, otherwise it gets very hot and shuts down.

NVIDIA Geforce 330M
8GB RAM
quad i7 CPU

I found this video on youtube on how to take your laptop apart and clean out your cooling fan. Luckily my laptop had a panel on the back held on by 4 screws underneath which was the cooling fan held in place my another 2 screws. Real easy job to take it out, blast air through it using my airbrush and put it back together again.

Now my fan hardly blows at all, is a lot cooler, and BE doesn't shut me down after 5 mins - just played an hour with no issues.

Link to video.

Mount Suribachi, your laptop needs cleaning or a downclocking.

Top Bottom