Beta Update V

i'm on the table, but score sucks.... where can i find milking strategies? any threads to reccommend?

ChangHao said:
i'm on the table, but score sucks.... where can i find milking strategies? any threads to reccommend?

Check out Shillen's posts at this link. That was pretty much the basic to milking. I decided to apply Shillen's method and got 98K on a dual-settler-map with ease. On a huge-settler-map, I got over 100K at 1000BC; therefore, I think 300K is very do-able. Btw, I'm tracing A_Turkish_Guy by playing as Asoka (spiritual => zero turn in anarchy => no anarchy exploit;) ). IMO, the Fast Worker is incredible; I think it's perfect for exploring and popping huts.

thanks for the link!

agreed, asoka rocks. organised gives $ benefit without having to spam cottages. it's easier to implement, and is great for huge empires.
i believe that fast workers build faster too. it seems that every improvement requires a certain number of movement points.

don't you want to use that precious worker to chop more than to explore?

asoka was my man in the huge diplo deity recently.

ChangHao said:
don't you want to use that precious worker to chop more than to explore?

But by beating the AIs to the goodie huts, it probably will gain more than it can chop.;)

Moonsinger said:
Check out Shillen's posts . On a huge-settler-map, I got over 100K at 1000BC; therefore, I think 300K is very do-able. Btw, I'm tracing A_Turkish_Guy by playing as Asoka (spiritual => zero turn in anarchy => no anarchy exploit;) ). IMO, the Fast Worker is incredible; I think it's perfect for exploring and popping huts.

that is very true.fast workers are great.if you are lucky and get a worker from the huts you can make very big differences.(ex:my last settler game with osaka is very good.with fast workers i got 5 settlers ,4 workers ,2 scouts ,600 gold and 2 warriors from the huts.).i think my 234k settler game is not very good.my new game is much more better.(better than my new 368k warlord game ).i am now at the same point with the warlord game and maybe 60 turns better for techs.Moonsinger is right that it will go 300k +. :) ;)

i think 1000 bc 100k points is not very high for 300k .maybe 120-130k is good.and for 1 AD i think 200k points without biology is a good goal for 300k points for settler.:D ;)

What happened to beta update V and VI?

Kalleyao said:
What happened to beta update V and VI?
I guess superslug (and most of the rest of us!) can't do 4+1 in roman numerals :lol:. I've corrected the thread title.

Top Bottom