Bindy's Road to Elite Quattromaster

Bindamel

Call me Bindy - mel
So far, all my HoF submissions have been Gauntlet results, and I said that someday I would become a QM on the backs of Gauntlets only!

Okay, so I think I'm bored with that, and I certainly don't want to think about how long that might actually take :crazyeye:

So, I have created a list of 33 game settings, 17 Vanilla (that can also be played in Warlords, btw), and 16 BTS, that will cover the Machiavelli, Map Quest, Tempi, and League of Nations portions of both the Vanilla/Warlords and All Expansion Elite Quattromasters. For each game, I have specified the civilization (all 33!), victory condition (broken down as 6 Culture, 6 Domination, 5 Conquest, 4 Diplomatic, 4 Religious, 3 Space Launch, 3 Space Colony, and 2 Time), map (2 of each, except only 1 Boreal), and game speed (9 Quick, 11 Normal, 9 Epic, and 4 Marathon).

This leaves just the gauntlet and rock of ages requirements to be met for elite status.

I have put the games together for fun and flavor, but with an eye towards keeping them from being excessively long, especially given time victories and marathon games.

What isn't specified in these games is which leader (when there's a choice), map size (I suspect I'll be running mostly tiny and small maps, to get this done in a reasonable amount of time), opponents, and difficulty. Personally, I will be trying these games at Monarch.

What I was thinking of doing was posting the start settings of a game every couple of weeks, so anyone who might be interested can join in on their own at their own skill level. This will also keep me on track for actually doing this, so I (maybe) don't get bored and stop trying!

So is anyone else interested? I know this is not the fastest way to get the elite quattromaster completed, but I'm hoping it's a fun way.

I'll give it a go, an unofficial gauntlet and a chance to pick off a few QM requirements

Sounds good, I'll definitely play the games with victory conditions, leaders and map types that I am missing. I can only seem to get domination and space wins with the HOF it seems. I won cultural once, before I discovered HOF games. I've narrowly failed to win diplo twice (once on my first ever emperor game, in the Korea/Continents/Domination gauntlet, a stupid trade with Hannibal cost me that game, there was no chance I was going to get domination), and in an actual diplo gauntlet which was around the time my internet went belly-up.

I like the gauntlets because you get strategy tips in the thread as well, which has improved my game no end.

I'll probably play at monarch as well. Still trying to get my first emperor win, but have been busy playing gauntlets recently and I didn't play at all when my internet was down (about 3 months). Maybe I'll try some emperor games later on.

Better late than never - me joining in that is. I started to crank out tiny conquest marathon games but then someone mentioned that tiny might be outlawed !#$%!#$%!@ - so I will join in the fun. Looks like you are currently at #5 so I will start with that one and try and fill in the others (1 to 4) later.

I'm all conquested out at the moment - going to play Bindy #4, currently letting map finder chug out some starts that I pick from.

Top Bottom